L621 Issues

I opened a new thread (I knew others had to be having the same issues but did not see this thread when I searched). I am cutting and pasting from that thread, so add me to the list:

I have gotten the latest update that brings folders to the table on my 722. I have set up my folders and went through all 80 timers and set them to their respective folders. I have had 3 reboots when accessing dvr material in the folders. Usually it is when something is recording (which pisses me off even worse, because I miss 5 or so minutes while it comes back up). I just got done watching a recording, something else was recording and it would be in the same folder when it was done. I went to delete the recording I just finished watching and it just sat there for a few seconds and rebooted. I have also noticed that when you delete a recording out of a folder, it still lists it like it is not deleted until you leave the folder and then go back into it. Also, with the latest update, when I hit Swap PIP, it used to go to the other tuner and no video was lost (picture never went black or flashed). Now it goes black for about a second or two before the video displays.

Thye've def broken how folders work with L621. When I delete something from a '622 created folder' (a folder that the 622 created because i have groups turned on and I am recording something with a title already on my recordings list), the recording wont disappear from my recordings list until I totally back out of my recordings list and return to it.

I also deleted a group that I created with "add to group", and even though the 622 appeared to give me the option to delete only my created folder without deleting the content in the folder (or to delete both the folder and the content), it looked like I deleted both the folder and the content until i totally exited and returned to my recordings. Isnt there a way for this to 'refresh' better than it currently does?

When you select all within a folder to delete all files in a folder, you're selecting all recordings with L621. Say yes to delete these recordings and you clear your entire hard drive. Don't ask me how I know.

This is quite scary. Anyone else see this?

Try this for a workaround for the re-boots problem, when recording something, don't assign it to a group until after it has been recorded.
Dan

So, is groups somethign you have to turn on? Just noticed that I must have gotten L621 last night when I saw that I had a Groups Button on the DVR menu on my 622, however, it was greyed out. Sounds like I better not play with it until they get all this fixed. I also experienced the issue where I deleted a program from my DVR and it stayed in the list as if it was still there, but the select button did not work on it.

I also had some weird issue where it started recording "ALL" episodes of a program, in my case "The Cleaner," when in fact I have the timer programmed to only record new episodes. I am not sure what was up with that. Also recorded 14 min snippets as their own files, not sure why it is doing that...........

There is one thing fixed from L618 to L621 for which I'm Glad (Ecstatic) . Remote Access over Satellite Internet now works!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't ever to get it work on the beta, or on initial release with L618, but L621 works.

There is one thing fixed from L618 to L621 for which I'm Glad (Ecstatic) . Remote Access over Satellite Internet now works!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't ever to get it work on the beta, or on initial release with L618, but L621 works.

They apparently made several other improvement to remote access. Since I still have one ViP622 on L618, and the others on L621, its definitely the new release.

Now can see recordings on External Hard Drive.

Now can work with your OTA including subchannels.

I have a WD WDElements 750 GB ehd. It has been working fine since I bought it last November. My 622's got updated to L621 on 6/16/09. Now when I try to look at the contents of my WD drive it says "This feature is currently not supported".

The 622 recognizes when I connect and disconnect the drive, but the "My Media" folder does not show up under "My Recordings" anymore.

I have another drive, a Maxtor, that is still working fine.

Any ideas?

I've had L621 on my 622 for about a week now...what a mess! One of the newest bugs is that I have to reboot it every other day because the HDMI color output is screwed up. It's like looking at my plasma through a lavender filter! I reset the receiver and it's fine again for 2 days, then back to the lavender haze again. Anyone else seeing this?

I've had L621 on my 622 for about a week now...what a mess! One of the newest bugs is that I have to reboot it every other day because the HDMI color output is screwed up. It's like looking at my plasma through a lavender filter! I reset the receiver and it's fine again for 2 days, then back to the lavender haze again. Anyone else seeing this?

That's also a symptom of a bad HDMI connector which many 622s have.

I have a 622 with L621. I wonder if they tweaked the software support for the 1080p downloads? My (early) Sony 1080p / 24 would always fail the compatibility test and I wasn't able to view 1080p content. I tried it last evening and it now passes the test! I have tried the test many times in the past with failure, and it now passes every time. Although I'm still not to excited about paying $6.99 to view one movie. On a side note I was never able to view Dish Online 1080p content which it looks like they finally gave up on. If your set has failed in the past you might want to try it again.

My 622 has rebooted a couple times when an incoming call triggered on screen caller id. I seem to remember this was a problem on a much earlier version. You'd think they could have seen this problem ahead of time.

I have to reboot every day when it's due it's daily update. When the update starts, it freezes and just sits there until I reboot, can't watch tv, nothing until the reboot. I let it sit for over half and hour hoping it would sort itself out. Hope they get this fixed soon.

Switched on the TV this morning to see the picture getting refreshed at about 4Hz. Audio was fine, and there was no picture breakup (lost signal), but the video was running at about 4fps. Changing channels didn't fix the problem, new channel displayed at 4fps also. Rebooting receiver fixed the problem.

Dish Network 622 problems lately

Ever Since Our Old box Upgraded to L621 had random reboots when changing channels, slow video coming in on some channels as well.

Symptoms

Change a few channels, and It would go to aguiring signal screen Satellite 119, Transponder 1, Progress O of 5, then reboot, reload, get signal and stay on for a bit. No changes were made to the system before or after receiving the replacment receiver

Got the New box replacement 3 days later after first time i called on it, called back 2 more times, and they said everything looks fine, but it's still done it a few times, today it hasn't yet

Just wondering if it's the new software or the receiver these days

Our 311's are behaving normally, so i just don't know anymore what it is

At some point in the past week, the problem of deleted programs not disappearing from a group until you exit the group spontaneously cleared itself up on my 622. That's weird! I double-checked to make sure I still had L621.

Tonight I noticed that at some point I've lost the indicator of what satellite a recorded program came from on the Info screen. Or am I mis-remembering how it worked and it only works on live programs? I can't check right now because I'm recording two things and watching one of them time-delayed right now. I seem to remember though that there was some funny business for me when this feature first became available, but I can't remember whether it didn't show up at all at first for me or didn't show up on recorded programs as I just described.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts