L623 reboot with EHD hangs a while.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
The daily reboot on a 722 with an EHD attached waits say 15 minutes before it starts but the receiver does not take commands--this is new in the last few weeks. You cannot power up or down the 722 until it "finishes" some inspection of the EHD. The EHD shows accesses for the whole time. Finally it will go on and reboot. It seems to work the EHD hard.

(CAUTION) If you pull the USB cable the disk may be left unrecognizable until you pull the EHD's power and reapply that. It may be safer to pull the power but I don't know that. It is best to unplug the EHD before the reboot. The quickest way out of a hang in progress before reboot is to unpower/unplug the EHD but be prepared to power cycle the EHD.

-Ken

This is still true. The 722 starts the reboot right on time (menu-8-4) if the external (EHD) is removed. But is can take 15 minutes if there is an EHD with the drive being access repeatedly. No good can come of this. During that time the 722 is inaccessible. You can force a reboot but with all those EHD accesses that could be bad. As usual, it didn't use to do that.
-Ken

I have noticed this behavior also. As it happens, I added a new EHD at about the time this started, and as I have added additional movies to the new EHD, the time it takes has gradually gotten longer. It seems to be checking each item on the EHD and as more items are added, it takes longer. I dread to think how long it will take if I get close to filling the 1 TB.

That implies a good test of the number or total size of recordings--timing it with a loaded EHD and an empty one, or nearly so. Maybe I'll try that.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts