L629 HDMI Analysis Question . . .

SandFarmer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 21, 2009
The Beach.
Since I got a 722 and looked at the HDMI handshake info it has always said that the resolution that the 722 saw that my DLP was capable of was:
720p 480i 1080i 480p 1080p24 p30 p60 . . . (1 more) which was 720i = 8
now under L629 it says:
720p 480i 1080i 480p 1080p24 . . . (5 more) = 10 WHAT?!

All I know of are the 8 that are mostly listed in the first call out. The second implies that there are 2 more 10. What, if there are and anyone knows, are the other two resolutions that my TV will do as per the 722?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

P.S.
To test my LAN speed in L629 I DL'd an episode of Covert Affairs and for the heck of it I played it back. Via VOD it was incredible. Far clearer and cleaner than "Live". Color and Blacks are far better, the white areas don't bloom, and no motion blur. Best of all no commercials. WOW!

Your TV manual should list all the input types it handles. I'm not sure why you would care, though, beyond the five the 722 lists in the table. Are you looking to hook it up to a PC or something else?

Your TV manual should list all the input types it handles. I'm not sure why you would care, though, beyond the five the 722 lists in the table. Are you looking to hook it up to a PC or something else?
You're not getting what I am saying. Under L627 there were only 8 resolutions/formats. Now under L629 there are 10. I know of the 8 that were listed, for the most part, and am wondering what the added two are that DISH seems important enough to "imply". I know and have long since checked what the capabilities of my DLP are and have long since hooked up to my Mac via HDMI where I get the 8. As I do with all the other sources. Why is DISH saying there are 10? And what are the two extras?

What I want to know is what DISH is saying here? And it is actually more than the 5 listed because the list is truncated. I want to know what the entire list is. Which I presume will be erroneous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts