L651 Software for 722k

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
I just noticed in the updated thread by RandallA the 722k has a new software. Any idea of any changes from the previous??

Is this the first software update since the 722k has been released?

Got the new software, don't really see any changes? Why don't we get release notes anymore?

Because of Dish quazi motto - 'keep public uninformed'

Got the new software, don't really see any changes? Why don't we get release notes anymore?
As it was explain to Scott, the person who did pass the censored [castrated] change logs to SG or other site did quit [fired ?] and when [NEVER it happen again ! :(] someone will take the job, we will see it again. [Yeah, right !]

One change I can confirm (someone mentioned this in another thread) is that they've "tweaked" the OTA signal strength meter. My numbers increased by ~10 from L650 to L651. My low numbers were still mid-80s or so, so I couldn't speculate if they simply "padded" the numbers.

So far I have not seen any bugs with the new software.

Hopefully I can say the same tomorrow and the next day...........

Maybe they increased the ota sensitivity a bit? My ota signal has been more consistent with this software than before. It is more in line with the Echostar dtv pal dvr I have in the bedroom for ota , but not quite the same. I don't know why they didn't use the same ota dual tuner in the 722k as in the dtv pal dvr. My 211k has better strength on the ota signals but it is only a single tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)