L688

nuttz565

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
colorado
Hey guys i noticed my 722k downloaded this software this morning. I did some research and cant find anything on this, anyone have any input to this update? Thanks

Yep, just checked again and it says L688. Atleast now this makes sense why i couldnt find out anything on it:)

I hope they did away with those partial and complete signal loss screens and the buggy code that makes them show up. What a PITA they are.

JSheridan said:
I hope they did away with those partial and complete signal loss screens and the buggy code that makes them show up. What a PITA they are.

Uhhhhg, one day too late for this to roll out, 3 SC's yesterday for this reason. And the CSR's had no info on it. I asked when we could expect a fix to relay to the customer, they had none.

Communication: DishNetwork's strong suit. Buaahahaha.

Lol

CSR's are ALWAYS the last to know anything. If they told CSR's before hand then they would be telling customers and possibly giving them bad info... especially when a new software release or a new channel launch is delayed at the last moment, which is VERY common.

Scott Greczkowski said:
CSR's are ALWAYS the last to know anything. If they told CSR's before hand then they would be telling customers and possibly giving them bad info... especially when a new software release or a new channel launch is delayed at the last moment, which is VERY common.

Lol, This is pretty true, yet in our office, i still think the techs find out last. I only know sooner due to being a member of this forum.

Lol, This is pretty true, yet in our office, i still think the techs find out last. I only know sooner due to being a member of this forum.
And thats why you should let your co workers know about this forum, as we can actually make them more informed and in some cases they can learn how to do their jobs better. :D

Well I wouldn't call it "commercial" unless he's also pumping Pub membership. ;) Scott, does the existence of L677 for my 722 mean that L720 is in the far distant future? That's been sitting there on the tech support (or is it retailer?) website for a month already, teasing us with it's big jump in version numbers.

I think this thread got the spotlight stolen from it by the 129 fiasco, but... Anyone else getting this software? Anything worth mentioning in it?

ViP722k L688
[CSC STB Control, Opt in Free Preview Trigger, Locks password pop-ups - add URL text, Blockbuster @ Home branding, Dish On Demand updates/fixes, Misc.]

ViP722k L688
[CSC STB Control, Opt in Free Preview Trigger, Locks password pop-ups - add URL text, Blockbuster @ Home branding, Dish On Demand updates/fixes, Misc.]
Probably the most important feature in this update. Seems like we now know what the name of Blockbuster's new streaming plan will be called.

TheKrell said:
Well I wouldn't call it "commercial" unless he's also pumping Pub membership. ;) Scott, does the existence of L677 for my 722 mean that L720 is in the far distant future? That's been sitting there on the tech support (or is it retailer?) website for a month already, teasing us with it's big jump in version numbers.
Don't get too excited. It just means 678 thru 719 were used for something else. Ever notice, they never use the same number on more than one platform.

i got the L688 update on the both 722ks in my house. now the thing works slower at almost everything now. everyone else having the slow functioning issues with the L688 update on the 722ks

Not to thread-jack, but I just got L677 on my 722. There is now (?) a Platinum item in DishOnline, and it's much easier to find stuff, and it streams immediately without issue unlike the old "streaming" that sometimes took hours to download a single HD program. So far I'm pleasantly surprised.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)