LA HD locals - 3 LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cdbrickell

Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Searched but couldn't find any recent posts and I'm not 100% on the information out there...

This week I'm moving to LA (actually moving, not "moving"). I can't wait around half a day for an installer appt until early next month, so I plan to quickly set up an old 3LNB dish myself until I can get a 5 LNB installed (and more importantly, aimed).

My question... will I be able to get NBC, ABC, FOX & CBS in HD with the 3LNB there in LA? From what I can tell, only the NYC channels still appear to be available this way.

Thanks in advance.

Searched but couldn't find any recent posts and I'm not 100% on the information out there...

This week I'm moving to LA (actually moving, not "moving"). I can't wait around half a day for an installer appt until early next month, so I plan to quickly set up an old 3LNB dish myself until I can get a 5 LNB installed (and more importantly, aimed).

My question... will I be able to get NBC, ABC, FOX & CBS in HD with the 3LNB there in LA? From what I can tell, only the NYC channels appear to be available this way.

Thanks in advance.

IIRC, all the LA stations, both the local and DNS, are now on 99 or 103 in MPEG4 so you can't use an old 3LNB for that. For NYC, not sure, sorry.

IIRC, all the LA stations, both the local and DNS, are now on 99 or 103 in MPEG4 so you can't use an old 3LNB for that. For NYC, not sure, sorry.

Correct & the NYC DNS is moving to MPEG4 birds before the end of the year, so it's a moot point, too.

Actually I think that the LA DNS feeds are still on the 119 or 110, but in MPEG4.
They are also duplicated on D11.

I don't know how much longer they will be on the legacy sats, maybe a couple more months.

I received word that the West DNS that are in the 390's are in mpeg2 & mpeg4 right now, but that will change very soon, by the end of the month. You will need MPEG4 equipement very soon.

In general, where could I go to find out if I will need a slimline in the near future for lil's or if my triple lnb is good for awhile? Specifically, the Portland, OR locals. Thanks!

I think he's talking about Los Angeles, CA. I don't think people in the bigger cities like that consider that we exist in the same universe as them.
I Know that I use to live out there on the Left coast.. Now I live in South east LA Not as many Mexicans!!! A laplace LA.. The real LA

In general, where could I go to find out if I will need a slimline in the near future for lil's or if my triple lnb is good for awhile? Specifically, the Portland, OR locals. Thanks!

The Phase III is OK for SD LILs, but you will need a slimline or sidecar for HD. You won't get Portland spotbeams in Norfolk in any case.

I live in Norfolk, VA but I just got my Dad to sign up for DTV and he lives in Portland. He wanted to get a line run out to his garage, but the line would have been too long. I recommended that he get a Phase III and mount it on his garage to eliminate the long run as it will be cheaper to buy a separate dish than to run a long cable that would affect his signal strength. Just wanted to know if he would be able to get LIL and for how long. Thanks for your all your help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)