LA Locals Going Spot Beam TONIGHT

So Mr Iceberg If I upgrade my basic Dishtv too a VIP 211 I will still be able too pickup some if not all of the L.A. {Not Counting KTLA}Stations that I used to pick up but in HD?????JohnnyT

Well I am paying the $5.99 amonth and the $5.00 Fee...........
Since I WAS only getting the L.A. Stations,and they cut them offfff on all of us I would like to just buy a VIP211 and get the HD stations if I can?.....
What are the HD stations on Conus?I thought it was only KCBS L.A. that we could only get???
Was thinking of maybe getting Starchoise from Canada but I really hate spending more if I don't need too....
Thanks JohnnyT

sure you can. It will cost you more

5.99 locals
6.00 BS fee for no package
6.00 BS fee for no metal package

plus the cost of the 211

all 4 HD Nets are on CONUS...but I dont understand why you want LA when you already have NY (I saw your other thread)

I enjoy watching the Car Chases,have not seen one in awhile...
And L.A. Live of Fox with Jillan Barberie when I wakeup at 10am(Its 7am in L.A.}
I can enjoy my coffee and go back to sleep at 1 pm after the 3 hours that they are on....{better then watching Regis and the view lol}....
Just hate to buy a Vip211 and maybe in a few months that they might go away too?I enjoy watching the News stations from L.A. ,it makes yea feel like yeaaa there lol.....
I would like to get Star Choise but don't want to pay another $20-$30 just to watch the Locals from washington and Detroit........Thanks JohnnyT

I would like to get Star Choise but don't want to pay another $20-$30 just to watch the Locals from washington and Detroit........Thanks JohnnyT

SC locals are from Buffalo, NY Detroit, Seattle or Spokane
HD is Detroit & Seattle (sans ABC Seattle)

and its somewhere around $31 for the basic pack

Okay now I'm confused. Did they cut off only the SD channels? If he can still get LA in NYC in HD it sounds that way, but I was understanding this differently.

Okay now I'm confused. Did they cut off only the SD channels? If he can still get LA in NYC in HD it sounds that way, but I was understanding this differently.

the LA SD channels moved ot Spotbeam

The HD channels are all on CONUS on either 61.5 (the E coast cities) or 129. There are no HD channels on spotbeams right now (and it may be a while as there is no room to put them)

Dallas, Houston, Sacramento, Miami, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, San Antonio and Spokane all have their HD local channels on spotbeams on 110.

You can still "move" to one of the 121/129 locals. My market (Wichita Falls/Lawton) is on 121/129. Eventually they will probably go to spot on 129 when the spot beam satellite goes there. That is probably when the LiL HD on 129 will move to spot too.

Not likely to be very distant if not on ConUS beam though.

Perhaps but there are no shades of distant (e.g. sorta distant, somewhat distant, really distant, very distant, friggin out there distant). However your point is well taken although from maps it looks like some spots can have a radius of several hundred miles. For a yokel like me that's distant....

Does this affect KTLA? I know someone who was getting KTLA, using LA address, but physically in PR.

KTLA is CONUS and, as far as I know, it is available to anyone as either an individual channel or as part of the SuperStations package -- regardless of where you live, I think.

From what I know they want to move ALL of them to spot. When will this happen? That I don't know.

For the love of god someone push them to do the first decent thing in 2 years on the HD side and get HDNET/Movies back to a full resolution/bitrate with the extra conus capacity.

Well with my Dish I get the satellites at 110 and 119 and don't think the L.A. HD stations are on those 2 satellites...
If the L.A. Stations are not on thoses 2 satellites,would Reno,Las Vegas or San Francisco be on them in HD???
I cannot see paying $12 a month just for KTLA......
I think I will give Star Choice a chance,,,Just hook up a SC Receiver and get the signal from my 10 foot C/KU dish......I think that will work,just put a splitter on the cables when they get into the house.......
It would nice to get Different stations from canada and get the Locals from the stations,but at over $350 ayear I think I will pass for now..........JT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)