LA locals question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jerseyfla

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2006
Georgia
A friend of mine who just moved here from another base is sick of the locals here in Biloxi. He's from Orange County, CA and he is looking at "moving" his address to get Angels, Lakers, and Ducks (Whenever lockout ends) games. Are the Big 4 LA locals used for DNS in the 390s range in the clear when you use a LA DMA address and does NBC still provide WNBC for a fee to D* customers?

The LA & NY Big 4 stations are on CONUS (because of distants) so he should be fine getting them

He would also get the LA rsns since they are on CONUS beams, too.

He would also get the LA rsns since they are on CONUS beams, too.

Thanks! I figured that, I just wanted to make sure that he would still get locals albeit three hours delayed, with the exception of WNBC. He lives in an apartment I'm going to help with him get an antenna for OTA local news for here. I hate locally uninformed people! :)

WNBC is the NBC for NY ;)

But if he uses a LA address all he would get is LA Big 4 + the RSN's. As noted above the rest of the locals are on spotbeam

Okay
Let me ask this. If I change my billing address to my Aunts house in Los Angeles and I want the local Los Angeles Stations but I am here in San Diego I will get the LA locals or am I just breathing too much dirty air from TJ ?

Okay
Let me ask this. If I change my billing address to my Aunts house in Los Angeles and I want the local Los Angeles Stations but I am here in San Diego I will get the LA locals or am I just breathing too much dirty air from TJ ?

San Diego is close enough that you would get all of the LA locals, whether on a CONUS beam or a spot beam. If you are outside of the southern California area you would only get ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX.

San Diego is close enough that you would get all of the LA locals, whether on a CONUS beam or a spot beam. If you are outside of the southern California area you would only get ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX.

I get all of my locals via spot beam in Mammoth, over 300 miles away.

I get all of my locals via spot beam in Mammoth, over 300 miles away.

According to the satmaps, you are right at the pink line of signal strength which is supposed to be the threshold for stable reception.

Okay

You would need to call and have them change your service address.

If I change my service address so to say a campground in Aguanga, Ca. for my SD box in my RV, will it affect all of the boxes and give me the locals for that area or Los Angeles in that box and the boxes in my house will still get the San Diego locals ? :confused:

If I change my service address so to say a campground in Aguanga, Ca. for my SD box in my RV, will it affect all of the boxes and give me the locals for that area or Los Angeles in that box and the boxes in my house will still get the San Diego locals ? :confused:

If you change your service address all of your boxes will get those locals if they are on the same account.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)