Lake Charles Louisiana locals!

kmb1966

Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
Texas
It seems as though the Suddenlink monopoly has finally been broken. :clap

Local channels are finally available for our area.

Apparently we will need a 1000.4 Dish for the Eastern Arc?

Lake Charles, LA 70605
Thu Jun 03 2010 12:50:01 Mountain Daylight Time
LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE
Congratulations! This address is eligible for the:
Lake Charles, LA Local Network Package

Local channels currently available in this package:

Station Local Channel Number Dish Channel Number
BEAUMONT-PORT ARTHUR CBS-KFDM 6 5280
LAKE CHARLES, LA PBS-KLTL 20 5285
LAKE CHARLES, LA FOX-KVHP HD 29 5283
BEAUMONT-PORT ARTHUR CBS - KFDM IN HD 6 5280
LAKE CHARLES, LA FOX-KVHP 29 5283
LAKE CHARLES, LA NBC-KPLC HD 7 5282
BEAUMONT-PORT ARTHUR ABC-KBMT 12 5280
BEAUMONT-PORT ARTHUR ABC - KBMT IN HD 12 5280
LAKE CHARLES, LA PBS-KLTL HD 20 5285
LAKE CHARLES, LA NBC-KPLC 7

Local channels are now available EVERYWHERE for DISH customers... they now server all 210 DMA's! :)

Congrats to everyone who now has their locals!

I called & they are coming out on the 12th to install the setup for locals. Very glad to get that done.

Btw, is KVHP still not turned on? Our office has Dish & got locals turned on today but the channel hasn't shown up. Weird.

Local channels are now available EVERYWHERE for DISH customers... they now server all 210 DMA's! :)

Congrats to everyone who now has their locals!

Good.

Now, in the spirit that usually appears here- "When will HD locals be universally available?" ;)

I called & they are coming out on the 12th to install the setup for locals. Very glad to get that done.

Btw, is KVHP still not turned on? Our office has Dish & got locals turned on today but the channel hasn't shown up. Weird.

The uplink reports show KVHP as not available. But the dish website shows different. Nice to see the confirmation that it is indeed not on.

Still no KVHP FOX here in Lake Charles. Now the Dish site doesn't even list them and the CSR doesn't show them listed either. Not looking good for us.

Start firing off emails to KVHP, be sure to carbon copy KPLC and mention KPLC came to an agreement. To be honest KPLC is flagship station for Lake Charles, not KVHP....lol

Start firing off emails to KVHP, be sure to carbon copy KPLC and mention KPLC came to an agreement. To be honest KPLC is flagship station for Lake Charles, not KVHP....lol

KVHP's website email address doesn't work. It just gets returned everytime I try to send one. I'll have to try to reaim my antenna to get FOX in better, before I had my locals, I had to sacrifice Fox to catch ABC and CBS. I know KPLC is our flagship station, but I watch more shows on FOX than NBC.

I found FOX's facebook site through Watchfox.com and sent them a message. They said that they are working on it and it should be a couple of weeks if not sooner. It seemed kind of rehearsed but it would be nice if they weren't lying.

When will Shreveport get its locals in HD? I am getting antzy here with football season coming up. Anybody know what the hold up is?

Thanks,
Josh D.

I called the station this morning. The secretary who answered must have been called by several others already because she knew what I was calling about. She said that the station is waiting on final approval from FOX, the station owners had already given their approval, but apparently they needed some blessing from the FOX network before they can have their programming re-broadcast.

FYI

TH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)