Lake Charles Louisiana locals!

I just talked to a friend of mine who has live in Lake Charles and has dishnetwork and she told me that fox is now available but I check their website and Fox along with CW are still not listed.

I don't think that the KVHP Fox 29 station wants to be carried by DISH . I don't see how a local tv station thinks it can force a corportation like DISH to pay them more than ANY other local station that DISH carries . What makes them think that they are that special?

I don't think that the KVHP Fox 29 station wants to be carried by DISH . I don't see how a local tv station thinks it can force a corportation like DISH to pay them more than ANY other local station that DISH carries . What makes them think that they are that special?

We are all currently getting FOX 29 ota(free) and Dish will basically force you to pay for your locals now if you are on EA, so they would be getting income from all of us that aren't paying for it now. So to me if just seems that its a win/win sitiuation to be put on Dish Network. OR find a way to give us FOX 15 out of Lafayette.

I can get you Fox!

I'm the operations manager with a local retailer in the Lake Charles, la area. I've been in touch with Fox 29 and Dish concerning this situation. Right not, fox is telling me that it's on Dish's end and dish is saying it's up to fox. I'm meeting with the regional manager for retail sales in a few minutes (Mr. Benjamin Jones) to discuss this fox situation. I'll let you know what I find out.

What we're offering for our new customer's are free OTA modules during installation. That is, if you sign up with us then we'll give the OTA modules that you need to get fox and the cw for free. We tested all the way to Vinton, La to Cameron, La to Deridder, La to Oakdale, La. Sometimes it requires a better antenna with amps, but we have all of that in-stock as well.

If you're interested in signing up or interesting in getting your hands on on OTA module (Dish says there on backorder, but I've got my hands on a few), then give me a call:

Here's my contact info:

James Bullock
james@getwiredsatellites.com
Alex office: 318.767.2220
LC office: 337.474.3344
Tollfree: 866.877.4783
http://www.getwiredsatellites.com

I'm the operations manager with a local retailer in the Lake Charles, la area. I've been in touch with Fox 29 and Dish concerning this situation. Right not, fox is telling me that it's on Dish's end and dish is saying it's up to fox. I'm meeting with the regional manager for retail sales in a few minutes (Mr. Benjamin Jones) to discuss this fox situation. I'll let you know what I find out.

What we're offering for our new customer's are free OTA modules during installation. That is, if you sign up with us then we'll give the OTA modules that you need to get fox and the cw for free. We tested all the way to Vinton, La to Cameron, La to Deridder, La to Oakdale, La. Sometimes it requires a better antenna with amps, but we have all of that in-stock as well.

If you're interested in signing up or interesting in getting your hands on on OTA module (Dish says there on backorder, but I've got my hands on a few), then give me a call:

Here's my contact info:

James Bullock
james@getwiredsatellites.com
Alex office: 318.767.2220
LC office: 337.474.3344
Tollfree: 866.877.4783
Get Wired Satellites

Good to know!

We are all currently getting FOX 29 ota(free) and Dish will basically force you to pay for your locals now if you are on EA, so they would be getting income from all of us that aren't paying for it now. So to me if just seems that its a win/win sitiuation to be put on Dish Network. OR find a way to give us FOX 15 out of Lafayette.

They can't bring in FOX 15 since FOX 29 is the Fox station for Lake Charles.

The problem is, the stations want too much money which doesn't leave any money for Dish to pay for the costs of snagging the station in Lake Charles and sending it via fiber to the regional uplink center, then up to the satellite, and back down to you.

I did get an email from Scott at Fox 29 and he said that negotiations with dish was going on and that Fox 29 should be on Dish in the near future.

I called Fox 29 today and the lady told me that they are still waiting on approval from corporate. They (local) have offered Dish a month by month service and also free service till corporate approves and Dish has denied both offers.

Did some Googling on this issue. FOX's contract with DISH for ALL of their local stations expires on Oct 31. I imagine that those of us in the Lake Charles area will not see any FOX until they renegotiate the larger contract. From the current stance that DISH is taking with the networks about fees I suspect we may all be experiencing a lengthy outage.

Again, the customer gets the shaft while Mega-dollar corporations squabble over their profits.

They just better get this straight by the NFL playoffs and Superbowl!

TH

That contract is only with the FOX owned stations, all others are individual contracts with station owners.

setting up for direct tv in nova scotia canada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)