Large Ku Band for dish Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am looking for a use 9 to 10 meter Ku band satellite antenna for Dish Network, It can't be mesh because the weather with destroy it.

You must have some Deep Pockets. I couldn't imagine a 30-foot dish costing less than a couple hundred thousand dollars.

What in God's green earth would you need a djsh that big for?

You must have some Deep Pockets. I couldn't imagine a 30-foot dish costing less than a couple hundred thousand dollars.

What in God's green earth would you need a djsh that big for?

Did you even SEE his userid? Do you know where those islands are? He'll need at least a 15ft dish to get Dish Network.

Maybe he has slow internet up there? I remember some old post about satellite dish on one of the islands up there in Alaska.

I hope with all the effort and cost it takes to put up an antenna for Dish reception, that they give you a break on the monthly fee. After all they will never send a tech out to service your setup ;)

Maybe cheaper to get C-band services somehow... If the island has enough population maybe contact one of the uplinkers such as SES Americom or Telesat etc. There must be other areas remote that have access to programming such as DN via satellite. Might be time to set up your own headend and cable company. Contact your County, Governor, Senator, or any other government entity you have up there and see what they can do... Shouldn't have to do this on your own!
Best of luck!

edit:
just checking, Anik F1 should be accessible using a 12'-15' dish (Canadian programming)

I hope with all the effort and cost it takes to put up an antenna for Dish reception, that they give you a break on the monthly fee. After all they will never send a tech out to service your setup ;)
Not likely, I mean they charge you for everything now it seems. It wouldn't surprise me that in the near future they will charge you to install your own equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts