Larry King Now on RT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't know. CNN has changed dramatically over the years. I can understand why somebody like Larry may have wanted more freedom on his show to follow his own idea of the best format. This new show will focus on political figures without the Hollywood "stars". Can you imagine what it would be like to spend most evenings talking to the latest no-brain starlette? Watch David Letterman and you'll understand.

Don't know. CNN has changed dramatically over the years. I can understand why somebody like Larry may have wanted more freedom on his show to follow his own idea of the best format. This new show will focus on political figures without the Hollywood "stars". Can you imagine what it would be like to spend most evenings talking to the latest no-brain starlette? Watch David Letterman and you'll understand.

Am guessing you didnt see his interview w/ Jerry Seinfeld on LKL then... King should've retired a decade ago.

I did, but that was a long time ago. I like anything Seinfeld does. Didn't Seinfeld make fun of Larry's cheap clock? Hilarious. LKL makes Piers Morgan look like an amateur. For example, Piers tries to be the star too much and can spend more time talking than his guest. LKL understood you ask a short question, then retreat and get out of the way so the guest can talk at length. That's what made JC (Johnny Carson) so good too.

Don't know. CNN has changed dramatically over the years. I can understand why somebody like Larry may have wanted more freedom on his show to follow his own idea of the best format.

I always assumed he stepped away to have more time to do things with the boys like go to Dodgers games. I have a feeling he'll be dead by the time his boys graduate high school so he might as well get some family time in.

anyway, if the russia today on G19 Ku-band is the english language version, I think there is a good chance King's show will be on that RT channel and not just on one of the c-band RT channels.

Good ol Larry with his "hard hitting" journalism, like "guest,what is your cat's favorite food"? Although unimaginable, Morgan is even worse than King. CNN should stick to covering sensational murder trials and hurricanes and leave real news to Fox.

An interviewer must adjust their questions to the intelligence level of those being questioned. And some might argue to the intelligence level of their audience too. Your question is an example of what would be required for some guests in the years just before his signoff on CNN. His show was better in years gone by. You may therefore like his new show format better since his guests are more likely to be people who can think rather than the likes of Paris Hilton. I know the Fox reference is tongue-in-cheek: whatever criticism we have of CNN, Fox coverage of events is more comedic than Saturday Night Live and accurate only in a parallel bizarro universe.

Probably we should close this posting. Its purpose has probably been accomplished.

An interviewer must adjust their questions to the intelligence level of those being questioned. And some might argue to the intelligence level of their audience too. Your question is an example of what would be required for some guests in the years just before his signoff on CNN. His show was better in years gone by. You may therefore like his new show format better since his guests are more likely to be people who can think rather than the likes of Paris Hilton. I know the Fox reference is tongue-in-cheek: whatever criticism we have of CNN, Fox coverage of events is more comedic than Saturday Night Live and accurate only in a parallel bizarro universe.

Probably we should close this posting. Its purpose has probably been accomplished.

My reference to Fox as a legitimate news source was absolutely not "tongue-in-cheek". If I lived on a desert island and only had CNN I would have no clue that the current USA government is up to its neck in scandals and corruption.

I would however be completely up to date on gay basketball players and female contraception issues.

I like how people say that we should now close the thread, but only after they had their say.

Larry King now has an almost nightly show on RT TV. I wonder if this show will be on RT on Galaxy 19 Ku, or only on the online RT TV outlet? If the show is on RT on FTA, this is the type of programming that could bring life back to Ku band and convince users to learn about getting FTA.

Reference: http://rt.com/news/larry-king-joins-rt-873/

I was able to watch Politicking with Larry King tonight on Galaxy 19 Ku, even though the EPG showed a different schedule, according to RT´s schedule, tomorrow night they´ll show Larry King Now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts