Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
Having a lot of dishes that need new homes I decided to respond. I asked "what are you going to do with this dish?"
He says"I used to own one and then the pizza pans came and I got rid of the big dish" "But I'm bored with those guys and I want my big dish back"
"I heard about FTA". I'm like "Atta Boy!! You're my kinda guy!" Come to find out we used to work for AT&T together back in the 70's. So.. I got em lined out with a big dish and a 1.2M Ku. Showed him SatGuys and he's off and runnin' :)

Hey that's great!! My 7.5ft SAMI is going to be looking for a new home in the near future and I'd love to find someone local that wanted to get into this hobby! I may run an ad in the local trader paper advertising "Free TV" and see what turns up.

In our local free ads on kijiji, an ad titled "Free TV" would probably be ignored: way too many free TVs listed. For attention, say "Defeat Pay TV Providers". That's gonna fill your Inbox.

1.) Make the Subject line: "FREE BEER".

After the 'net overload/crash caused by your ad clears up maybe you will find a taker for your dish.

After the 'net overload/crash caused by your ad clears up maybe you will find a taker for your dish.
that won't work ;) Anyone dumb enough to believe there is free beer on the internet can't run a satellite system. LOL

Man this guy is eager! The dish is up in less than 48hrs after he got it. He had a pole in concrete the morning of the day I delivered the dish.
Can't wait to see it :)

Hope he checked the pole for plumbness, put a bolt through the pole beneath the concrete to prevent turning, and lets the concrete harden lomg enough...

In these parts, you'd need to replace "Beer" with something else to get a response. I'll leave it up to you to figure it out. :D

Well the eager beaver has met the real world of FTA and all the junk you can buy. He is waiting for his FOURTH VBox 7. The first two arrived with the transformer ripped from the bottom of the plastic box it's in and rolling around inside. I think the dealer got a big box full of them that had been dropped. The force of the impact tore loose all the transformers. The next one comes from a reputable dealer for $15 more and the sensor circuit doesn't work, no power. So perpetual ER2. "Well s**t, we'll work around it" he says. So hours go buy and no signal, nothing. I'm like wait a minute, take that WSI crap LNB off there and put this GSP C1 on that I brought. Two minutes later we got lock! We then parked it on SES1 to wait for a VBox (again)
UniMesh 002.JPG UniMesh 003.JPG UniMesh 004.JPG

Just a tent to live in, but he's got C band!

I was waiting for him to join the thread and introduce himself.
Sounds like our kind of guy! :up

Just peeked at the pictures.
OMG, you DID hook him up! :)
Is that an Ajak 180?
You really did share the wealth! ;)

I was waiting for him to join the thread and introduce himself.
Sounds like our kind of guy! :up

Just peeked at the pictures.
OMG, you DID hook him up! :)
Is that an Ajak 180?
You really did share the wealth! ;)
10' Uni-Mesh perforated on an AJAK
Hook him up? Well let's say he availed himself of a good situation with a handful of C notes ;)
He found great equipment and expertise to go with it.

Nice little tent to work with when you have a cool day with intermittant showers. You see those parked over open manholes usually.

Status
Please reply by conversation.