Last and Next 3D Movie

Last: Silent Hill Revelation

First test of the calibrated THX 3D mode, and I thought it looked great. Had been awhile so it took my eyes about 15 minutes to settle down. AQ was real good IMO, and the story wasnt near as bad as I expected after reading reviews. I'd just classify it in the Resident Evil sequel category.

Ok, just placed an order for this passive 3D tv, because my Olevia blew out it's single HDMI port: LG 42LA6200 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BB9OOL0/?tag=satell01-20

I own a 3D Sony Blu-ray player already, what should my FIRST 3D dvd be that I buy to play? I want something beyond awesome, as my wife is probably not going to be happy right away when she sees the new tv. Though she should be, as it's a fantastic price ($699 at BuyDig) for all the tech this thing has...

Watched Jurassic Park 3D last night. Enjoyed it! Was an excellent conversion. Spielberg said they spent 9 months doing the conversion.

Gamer was a good movie. I didn't even know it came in 3D.

Don.. which screen size do you own? I having a hard time enjoying 3D on a 55" as I feel the screen is too small.

Cheers, K

I use a Sony VW 90ES projector on a 110" 16x9 screen. Matte white. Seating distance is either 18 ft or 9 ft. Usually, we move to the front row for 2.35 AR 3D movies that are also dark. Otherwise the 18 ft. seating is fine. We watched Jurassic Park 3D from the rear seating and tonight, watching Spiderman, moved to the front row as it was so dark and 2.35 AR.

BTW- our front row theater seating is movable and normally moved off to the side. When we use it, I swing it into place in front of the screen. Since I don't have a riser for the rear seating, its either or, not both at the same time. Normally it's just the two of us so either or works great.

Your 55" should not be a problem, just sit closer. In my edit suite, I have a 32" program monitor and I sit about 4 ft and it is fine.

I just ordered 4 new titles in 3D from 3D-Rental. I just love that company. They are so good, and very responsive when the rare disk comes in damaged.

3d-blurayrental.com

Last: Oz The Great and Powerful

Great movie. Audio and video were spectacular. My new reference movie.

Next: Hansel and Gretal

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts