Last minute push from D*?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

blcklab666

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
I have D* and signed up online to get emailed any offers. Got an email today offering free 4 room system PLUS upgrade one room to HD for $299. I plan on waiting to go HD in August, but does this sound like a last minute push at current pricing before the rumored August changes?

Forgive me if this offer has been around awhile.

blcklab666 said:
I have D* and signed up online to get emailed any offers. Got an email today offering free 4 room system PLUS upgrade one room to HD for $299. I plan on waiting to go HD in August, but does this sound like a last minute push at current pricing before the rumored August changes?

Forgive me if this offer has been around awhile.

That sounds like the exact same deal they have been running for more than a year.

Sounds like they are trying to push all of the old hardware out. Best Buy is selling the H10 receivers (HD) at $299 with a $300 rebate check after your first month of bill showing HD service. This deal runs through July 31 last I checked and was at most stores in Central Indiana. I don't know of anywhere else.

So that makes it free, but when you connect it is their a commitment required? I will take anything thats free in the end?

charper1 said:
So that makes it free, but when you connect it is their a commitment required? I will take anything thats free in the end?
You of all people should know that it would have a commitment on it.

I am glad you think I asked a stupid question, but why should I know that? I haven't bought any new DirecTV equipment in a very long time, nearly 6+ years and NEVER anything from Best Buy. How about this question that I also don't know; is this for all users or only new?

Any newly activated HD receiver will require a 1 year commitment according to D* (I just had it installed).

The best deal I could get as an existing user was $149 for an H10 (this includes the off-air antenna). By the time credits for Showtime and HD pack were applied, I'll have ended up paying less then $40 for it.

I could have gotten it for "basically" free if I hadn't gotten the off-air antenna. That added $50 to the price. Now, credits don't exactly make anything free, but I'll take what I can get.

I get the rebate for the receiver as long as I show that I actually signed up for HD for a month. I could cancel the HD package after a month if I don't like it. After I get my next bill with the HD package shown I just send in my rebate and whola I got a free H10 receiver.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts