Last & Next Movie Watched

last:
firefly the complete series. I didn't catch this on TV the first time around, but I watched and enjoyed Serenity and that had me intrigued.

some of the episode specific special effects don't hold up, but the stock effects that are used multiple times are rendered well.

it was a really good show which is probably why it didn't last in this era of reality TV.

picture quality: mostly good with the exception of some of the special effects.

audio quality: good for TV.

Next:

hopefully Prometheus.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Last: The Tall Man

51kQgERJq-L._AA115_.jpg

Just a heads up, do not go in expecting some horror movie, and just as soon as you think you know whats going on, you don't. I liked it, even though it was slow a couple of times, I never saw it coming and that made me happy.

Next: Barricade

Last: Resident Evil: Damnation

51OCEhO9f0L._AA115_.jpg

It was OK, little too long and slow in parts. Pretty gory at times and some of the battles (end) were good.

&

Red Lights

51keCxeq2oL._AA115_.jpg

I enjoyed this one, good actors and it had a twist I was not expecting.

Next: Raven

I thought Prometheus was above average-the DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sounded great- IMHO--I enjoy movies like that--the Alien movies are similar to this one. Story line was not bad--takes place quite a few years in the future.

I just didn't like Prometheus. I saw it in the theater and just thought it was really lacking in focus.

Jason Whiddon said:
I thought it was great sci fi, and a huge world, but a lot of folks left saying "where was the alien" lol.

I never saw the movie in theaters but I rented the Blu-ray the day it came out. I am a big fan of the Alien franchise and I thought this movie lived up to the standard of the first 3 movies (yes I am one of the few who actually likes Alien 3).

The Blu-ray quality really impressed me as well. I think it just might be the best Blu-ray I have ever watched in my setup when you look at the whole picture and audio quality package. I don't normally buy movies. I normally just rent the Blu-ray from Netflix because I don't watch most disks more than once or twice and I have a huge collection of DVDs I never watch. Unfortunately Netflix doesn't offer Blu-ray 3D so I only watched the 2D version. I am ordering the 3D version from amazon right now so this will be one of the few Blu-rays I own.

I think we've only watched 1 movie in the last three weeks. NF sits in my LV for weeks, or I send it back without watching. Those I've purchased are still sitting in the wrappers. Yeah. My vacation actually starts. Maybe we can get caught up around here.

S~

I think we've only watched 1 movie in the last three weeks. NF sits in my LV for weeks, or I send it back without watching. Those I've purchased are still sitting in the wrappers. Yeah. My vacation actually starts. Maybe we can get caught up around here.

S~
I hear ya, be at least a week before I'll be off again and have the chance... picked up I Robot 3D today.

Just finished watching "The Loved Ones". It's a pretty decent, Australian horror movie. If you're in to horror I would check it out. I would compare it to a more messed up, modern version of "Misery".

Unfortunately Netflix only had the DVD, not the Blu-ray version so I rented from iTunes in 1080p on my Apple TV.

Prometheus:

I watched it at the theater, so I knew Id like it. PQ and AQ were great.

Soldier:

Picked this one up for cheap, and its a movie I really liked. Transfer turned out real good.

Next: Werewolf The Beast Among Us

Well last night was Halloween so I went to my old favorite "The Evil Dead".

I also watched Triangle. This is an Australian horror/thriller. It was pretty decent although it wasn't very scary. It was more of a mind bender. Definitely unlike anything I have seen before. I also thought the Blu-ray quality was very good. The TrueHD track was pretty great. There was a scene with a huge storm and it really felt real. The thunder sounded like an actual storm in the room with me. I recommend this to horror fans who may not have seen it. It puts a nice twist on the genre.

The Equalizer 3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts