Late night help. Geosatpro MicroHD receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
I have the worse luck with receivers out of the box. I have no satellites listed. I downloaded the 1-139 satellite list from GeoSatPro website, and it tells me the firmware exceeds the file limit.. What the heck.

I've tried to manually add a satellite, and eveytime i exit out, it removes the satellite i just added?!!?

Never had that problem, maybe the download got corrupted? Here's the stock channel list I have if you want to give it a try.

When you do get it working, make sure that when you delete a satellite from the list that you delete all of the channels from that sat first [or all transponders] before you remove the sat from the list or you could boot loop your Micro! I'd boot looped mine about an hour after receiving it in the mail. :eek:

What firmware is in it? Go to Menu, tools, Information, and down at the end of the bottom line is a date. 2013-6-26 is the latest firmware, I believe.

Attachments

• 1-139w_microHD_ChList_2122013.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 144
I'm assuming you have unzipped it. Where did you find a channel list, all I see is Jan 31 2013 firmware.

oh ok I was at satav.

Okay, i have maincode M3601S/128M 2014-04-25 as the main code.
I have no satellites listed. I have done the following.

Reset Factory.
Upgrade by USB > Upgrade mode userdb -> file 1-139w_microHD_chlist
I cannot add satellites manually.

I think i may have a bad unit.

Did you remove the power cord after loading the Channel List?

Try loading the satellite list again, then remove the power for 30 seconds.

If that doesn't work, load the June 2013 firmware from this site, factory reset, then remove power cord for 30 seconds.

Not a defective unit. Likely no power removal after update or corrupted satellite list.

Did you remove the power cord after loading the Channel List?

Try loading the satellite list again, then remove the power for 30 seconds.

If that doesn't work, load the June 2013 firmware from this site, factory reset, then remove power cord for 30 seconds.

Not a defective unit. Likely no power removal after update or corrupted satellite list.

It wont let me load the channel list. It tells me it exceeds the maximum file size.?!!?!? Okay, ill try backdating the firmware.

Odd, that's a newer firmware, I didn't know they'd released one that new and on their site I only see the 2013-6-26 firmware.

Why did i have a newer firmware then was is available on the website? Ps, the new firmware gave me a satellite list now. Thank you Titanium. I just didn't think i should downgrade without someone telling me too..

Odd, that's a newer firmware, I didn't know they'd released one that new and on their site I only see the 2013-6-26 firmware.

It's not on the site.. This was built in. The firmware the unit came with. But, no longer, its been downgraded.

Can't help with the problem but can confirm the new boxes are coming through with software version dated 2014-04-25. Can't explain why the boxes have a newer version than is available for download.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts