Latest 'n Greatest TW Digital HD/DVR Box?? (Just dropped DISH)

OxFORD

Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
N. Carolina
So I just signed back up with TW cable after a 10-year hiatus. I've been with DISH Network during that entire time, but I decided to drop them and go back ... why?? ... 1) They dropped AMC & I really like the Breaking Bad series, & 2) I tried to upgrade to HD and couldn't because the tree line around my property was blocking the HD sat. DISH sent me a ROKU "free" for the AMC Breaking Bad issue, but the HD problem was the straw that broke the camels back.

So, I did a chat with TW sales after I signed back up & scheduled the install ... in the chat, I requested to have the latest Cisco Digital HD/DVR box installed. The Rep said it would be noted and that such requests were typically honored.

My question is, is the Cisco Box the latest 'n greatest? And does anyone close to the TW game think that the Rep was being honest in saying my request would be honored? My bet is that they'll still show up with at crappy old Sci Atl box.

So I just signed back up with TW cable after a 10-year hiatus. I've been with DISH Network during that entire time, but I decided to drop them and go back ... why?? ... 1) They dropped AMC & I really like the Breaking Bad series, & 2) I tried to upgrade to HD and couldn't because the tree line around my property was blocking the HD sat. DISH sent me a ROKU "free" for the AMC Breaking Bad issue, but the HD problem was the straw that broke the camels back.

So, I did a chat with TW sales after I signed back up & scheduled the install ... in the chat, I requested to have the latest Cisco Digital HD/DVR box installed. The Rep said it would be noted and that such requests were typically honored.

My question is, is the Cisco Box the latest 'n greatest? And does anyone close to the TW game think that the Rep was being honest in saying my request would be honored? My bet is that they'll still show up with at crappy old Sci Atl box.

If you get the whole house dvr, I believe only the Cisco or Samsung Boxes work with it, with the Cisco box offering PIP while the Samsung doesn't. Both boxes are "ok", but not in the same league as a dish dvr. However you will get programming that you will probably never get back at Dish.

I recently returned to Cable from Dish, but only because I couldn't sign a two year contract yet.. I am on Cox and i have the Cisco HD box which is decent, but nothing compared to the Hopper system I had. The issue with Cox here is we don't even have an HD TV guide, and the Mpeg 2 HD offered the PQ sucks. Huge difference between Dish, and Cox in terms of PQ. My Netflix HD is sharper than the Cox HD offered, but then again in my city (Gainesville FL) Dish out numbers Cox for TV subscribers followed by Direct TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts