Latest Receivers / 4K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
As some of you may already know, my wife left me after 23 years of marriage and now I'm living alone. I'm thinking perhaps a new 4K TV and FTA satellite receiver might help the healing process.

Are there any FTA receivers available that support 4K and / or have a built-in OTA tuner? It would be great to be able to record both OTA and FTA programming on the machine.

I don't own any 4K capable receivers yet. I know Titanium and N6BY have a couple. I don't think they are perfect yet.
As far as OTA and FTA in one, the Linkbox 9000i local, would be a good choice for that. No 4K, but everything else you want and a great receiver.

There has been talk on the forum that Manhattan is supposed to be coming out with a 4K capable satellite receiver but don't know about the release date.

The FTA hobby is great therapy for many of life's problems!

I would wait a few more months for a 4K STB. A new HiSilicon model is supposed to be on he market soon. A factory sample that I have been playing with is very impressive, but it remains to be seen how the OEM distributors develop their models.

The current units on the market are the first batch of 2nd generation that support 10bit and they are far from perfect. My favorite unit (available to the public) at this point is the K1+, but it constantly locks-up, loses signal lock for absolutely no reason and doesn't reliably issue motor commands. Other than that, it is a fine unit...LOL!!! :coco

Reactions: N6BY and KE4EST
...My favorite unit (available to the public) at this point is the K1+, but it constantly locks-up, loses signal lock for absolutely no reason and doesn't reliably issue motor commands. Other than that, it is a fine unit...LOL!!! :coco

[SARCASM]Well... if we are going to go ahead and set a new standard ...if you are fine with locking up, losing signal lock for no reason, and not reliably issuing motor commands, I can add another receiver to your possibilities list...... ;) :biggrin[/SARCASM]

...My favorite unit (available to the public) at this point is the K1+, but it constantly locks-up, loses signal lock for absolutely no reason and doesn't reliably issue motor commands. Other than that, it is a fine unit...LOL!!! :coco
My K1+ has not locked up for at least three months and I haven't had any problems with motor control in that time.

However, that is only because its been unplugged for at least 3 months. :D

The best 4k receiver would be a nice high-powered telescope, yiu can see so much, lol.. Sorry about the D, been there 5 years ago, it was tough, even if it was in my early 20s, bought a motorcycle to fix up and it was the best therapy I ever had...

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: N6BY
Using a PCIe card for 4K here, works fine; of course software dependent. I actually don't have anything displaying 4k yet, maybe Santa will deliver. :) This card works very good and I am not sure now that I would even be in the market for an STB. Instead might just get a PC to park under the TV with a keybd & mouse as the remote control. For many of us a good STB that is set up for satellite reception that is 4K capable would still be very appealing.

Nothing available 4K in OTA or DSS so far, and where I live we lack the bandwidth for IP proper delivery of SD video let alone HD or 4K!
Hope we start seeing actual 4K programming on FTA, seems at this time the available programming is looped demo video with the possible exception of one stream on 103W.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)