Latest software: Is it the worst yet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
I got the latest software version 0x79e Tuesday morning. Since then, I have lost on-demand, Scoreguide, Pandora, You Tube, the Sports Search, and NOW I have lost my client. The client only displays the message about searching for servers. What do I do now?

Last edited:
Double reboot Genie to flush the guide and if it doesn't come back in a day or two, then reboot a third time. Or reboot 3 times consecutively.

Turn off "Power Saving Mode" in your Genie, I was also having the problem where my Mini was getting the black screen with the "No servers" message, turning that off, fixed it, def a bug.

That has actually been one of the best for me.

Reboot the dvr twice back to back after getting each update. It flushes out guide data, etc... and forces the dvr to reload. Ive done this after every software update and its worked well.

Doesnt make sense that you dont have that stuff. I got the software last Tuesday too and sports search and sportsguide work fine. I dont have internet hooked up so cant comment on the others

I have not had any issues with the update, before I did the double reboot, or after. You may want to also try rebooting your modem & router for your Internet. Are you showing any errors in your Modem, for bad line quality, etc.?

Double reboot Genie to flush the guide and if it doesn't come back in a day or two, then reboot a third time. Or reboot 3 times consecutively.

actually good to do once a month or so....when I am dusting ( I dust every week, so lets not start that once a month talk, lol) I do a reset or double reset just to clear things out.

Thanks for the information. This morning, I saw the client light was green. Last night it was yellow. I will update later tonight.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Double RBR is done. Client works ONLY when HR34 is powered on, but it works. Kinda like a Dish Network system. No sports search, Pandora, or YouTube. I do have scoreguide, apps, and on-demand back. I see a "Music and Photos" folder that wasn't there before. It may have been at one point, I don't remember. It definitely wasn't there earlier today.

I know some say to give the extras time to load, so I will do that.

New install last week so I got the newest update that day. But even after a day many things still missing, so the double RBR did the trick and just delayed having it all by a day.

Overall very good with no issues noted.

Everything is back tonight and it's actually behaving well with the HR34. The client's light blinks sometimes and some pixelation shows every now and then, but other than that, the client is behaving, too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)