hr-44 problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sockeye

Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
the last 2 weeks my remote has worked only sporadically.direct sent me a new remote same problem. looks like they will send a new hr-44.the bad is all the programs that i've taped i won't get to watch.:mad::mad::mad: not too happy with direct or there equipment right now! anybody else had this problem? what good is a dvr if you can't count on it!!!! thanks for letting me vent.

It happens sometimes when the warehouse has bad DVR's, or it might be dish LNB,not aligned properly,multiswitch or power inserter, Try rebooting first and if you still have issues then I would call Directv again. You could try the diagnostic hard drive test and check for errors, someone else might know how to access that as I'm not sure.

thanks for the help it looks like it might be an interference problem. thanks again.

If it's an HR44 you should have an RC71 remote. Just change everything to RF instead of IR and see if the problem goes away.

when the installer did the install he gave me an rc 66. the hr44 worked ok until i went on vacation, then it started to act up. the tape trick worked pretty good, but now i have the right remote and a new hr-44 and all is well. thanks for the help!!!

Glad the new box is working, so are you now using the RC71 remote? It is quite a different remote but supports the new RF standard used on the HR44 if you want to eliminate any future issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts