launch date timeline

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kvby66

Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
michigan
does anyone know when directv will start their hd locals in lansing michigan. i have read somewhere in the summer of 2012. i'm hoping for hd for the summer olympics. my contract is finally up in july 2012 and i can finally jump ship to another provider who already has local hd channels here. directv is killing me.....softly. thanks for any information.

I haven't heard anything more specific than 2012. They are not uplinked as of yet, so we can be resonably sure it won't be in March/April.

Can you pickup 10 or 8 via antenna until the launch? Directv has an AM21 that adds antenna capability to the HD and HD-DVR receivers. Once the locals are working in HD, you can always sell the $50 AM21, resale on those seems pretty solid.

yep, stay with the overall better provider and just add a simple VHF/UHF/FM OTA; everyone should have one anyway for when severe weather hits.

if your TV already has ATSC tuners then you dont "have" to spend to $50 but the AM21 will integrate everything into one guide and out on the same output.

Just answered my own question - new $45 on Amazon - seems like a deal.

Amazon.com: DIRECTV AM21N TV Tuner: Electronics

Claude from here (Dishstore also has them) Give him a call and he'll send you one out, advertisement at top on the page.
I've used him quite often and always got very prompt service.
Make sure you let him know your from here !

You could also contact directv and you may get one for free or at half price.

You could also contact directv and you may get one for free or at half price.

Unfortunately, I have had LITTLE luck going this route ...
I had HR20-700 and upgraded to HR24's, explained to them that I had MORE ability with the old one, with OTA than the new one and explained that I needed my OTA for severe weather nights (like tonight) and they wouldn't help at all.

So I went other routes to get them.

Unfortunately, I have had LITTLE luck going this route ...
I had HR20-700 and upgraded to HR24's, explained to them that I had MORE ability with the old one, with OTA than the new one and explained that I needed my OTA for severe weather nights (like tonight) and they wouldn't help at all.

So I went other routes to get them.

i'm going to need another one for the bedroom since i got rid of the HR20 as well. i'm sure i'll have to get it elsewhere since i doubt i'll get lucky twice with the AM21. good thing they're not that expensive either.

rey_1178 said:
i'm going to need another one for the bedroom since i got rid of the HR20 as well. i'm sure i'll have to get it elsewhere since i doubt i'll get lucky twice with the AM21. good thing they're not that expensive either.

Call Claude.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Will the AM21 OTA signal still pass through the reciever in the event of a storm and loss of satellite signal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)