League Bowling

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Who here bowls in a league? I'm now in two different leagues in the same bowling alley. I'm at a 203 average in the mens league on Thursday nights and I'm helping finish out the Tuesday mixed league which I have just bowled one night so far. I set a 220 average the first night.

Who here bowls in a league? I'm now in two different leagues in the same bowling alley. I'm at a 203 average in the mens league on Thursday nights and I'm helping finish out the Tuesday mixed league which I have just bowled one night so far. I set a 220 average the first night.
I was a pretty good bowler as a teenager. I carried a 197 average in the San Diego junior traveling league, and went to the California state junior tournament twice. I haven't bowled in a league since leaving the Air Force. I qualified for the Air Force Europe bowling tournament twice, and spent some good time at the Torrejon Air Base near Madrid hanging out with AF bowlers from all over Europe. When I came back to the US, I bowled in a league near Ft. Meade, MD, but I never put the same level of effort into it.

Obviously showing off for the ladies!

I bowled this past year in the Caterpillar league here in Griffin. Reaquainted myself with bowling after not doing it for almost 20 years. After a bad start I managed to get somewhat consitant and bring my average up to 145.

Thankfully we're a handicap league :D

My team took 4th place out of 12 teams. We start up again in September.

My wife and I bowled in the USBC Open Championship weekend before last in Reno, NV at the National Bowling Stadium. If you're a bowler and you like the sport try to make it to the stadium at least once in your life. It's like no place else you've ever bowled at. We try to go every year and so far have been to 6 of these tournaments. Next year it will be back in Reno. When this tournament first started many many years ago the city every year changed and it was one of the perks of the tournament.

Well last night in league was interesting. The lanes seemed to be oiled weird and after mentioning this to my teammates the lady on our team said the night before (which is the ladies league night) the bowling alley ran out of stripper for the machine which takes the old oil off before putting down fresh oil; so without this they just put the fresh oil on top of the old.

My games were 162-244-201 for a 607 series. The second game I had the first 7 strikes in a row but blew it in the 8th frame. A perfect game is 12 strikes in a row, which I have done twice in my life.

We never know what we'll get with the lanes we use, heck the alley was old when I used it in high school.
One week the lanes would be bone dry, the next they would leave oil streaks on the ball.

The key though, as long as there's a full pitcher at our table, my team is happy. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts