Leased 622 HD died. Now what?

samiwax

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Raleigh North Carolina
My 8yr old Duo 622 just died from hard drive failure. This unit is leased with no home protection. Will dish
replace it, charge me for it,or should I just replace the HD myself? Your suggestions would be highly apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Contact D.I.R.T, they will replace it for you without the protection plan. You will just have to pay shipping which is $17 & added to your bill. A bargain in my opinion.

I think everyone is charged the same monthly fee(s) for receivers regardless if they are owned or leased.

I also think that you could easily add the $7/month protection plan. I think that you have to keep it a certain number of months before removing it; otherwise, there is a penalty fee. Dish did away with the penalty fee, but I think Dish reinstated it (probably due to it being dropped and added multiple times by some).

Contact D.I.R.T, they will replace it for you without the protection plan. You will just have to pay shipping which is $17 & added to your bill. A bargain in my opinion.

That does seem to be the best option if you are allowed to do so.

Leased receivers are owned by DISH so they are replaced for the shipping charge Protection Plan is not needed on leased receivers, except with Protection Plan there is no shipping charge.

My 8yr old Duo 622 just died from hard drive failure. This unit is leased with no home protection. Will dish
replace it, charge me for it,or should I just replace the HD myself? Your suggestions would be highly apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I am sorry that you are having a problem with your 622 receiver. DISH will replace the unit and there will be a one time $15.00 shipping fee if you do not have the Protection Plan. Please PM me your account or phone number and I will assist you further. Thank you!

Even if you owned it, the special drives these take are very hard to get ahold of anymore. They are also quite expensive. You can't just install any old Sata drive and have it work.

Best thing to do once it's swapped out, is to get a fan installed blowing hot air OUT from the lefthand side vent. Get the average temp down to at least around 100 degrees, and your drive will last much longer!

Wow you've had that 622 since 2004? How did you get it before they released it?

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Considering you only have to pay the $15 shipping fee, can someone explain why one would ever consider paying a monthly protection fee?

Considering you only have to pay the $15 shipping fee, can someone explain why one would ever consider paying a monthly protection fee?

The protection fee covers owned receivers as well. I have two leased and two owned. They are treated the same if something goes wrong.

It also covers things like lighting strikes when they have to come in and replace the dish cabling switches nodes all of your equipment at the same time which adds up to more then just 95 and 15 also if you get pissed at a sporting event or your hopper and throw the remote across the room they cover that as well. I'm just kidding about the remote, but it is covered under the protection plan for any kind failure they send you a new one free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)