Dish is telling me they can't restart my service because vip 222k is obsolete

I went through a big fiasco with dish and this 222k.

I kept my service for 2 years and then canceled when contract ended. They sent me an email that 222k was obsolete and that I dont need to return it.

I did online chat and got sent to a manager who confirmed it is obsolete and I was not to return it.

Now they confirm it is obsolete and I cannot activate it even though I have a $0.00 balance

I went through a big fiasco with dish and this 222k.

I kept my service for 2 years and then canceled when contract ended. They sent me an email that 222k was obsolete and that I dont need to return it.

I did online chat and got sent to a manager who confirmed it is obsolete and I was not to return it.

Now they confirm it is obsolete and I cannot activate it even though I have a $0.00 balance

Holysmoke, MattG asked for some info just a few posts up. PM him and he will get you down where you need to be.... That's all you need to do!

It continues to be on their website as a current receiver. (Though their website is not 100% correct)
However, since they told you it was obsolete and not to even to return it before, it should come as no surprise they do not want to activate it.

I did lease the 222k. I received an email that said 222k was obsolete and not to return it. I confirmed with several online chats and finally a manager that it was obsolete and not to return it.

this was many months ago. I even took down the LNB to return it with the 222k but they said don't return it.

But Matt is telling me it will cost me $149 to restart Welcome Pak because I need a tech visit.

I don't want to spend $149.00 to get a $15 package. So its pointless to pursue I think.

It must be something to do with the leased receiver not being returned.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)