Dish is telling me they can't restart my service because vip 222k is obsolete

Holysmoke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 20, 2006
I went through a big fiasco with dish and this 222k.

I kept my service for 2 years and then canceled when contract ended. They sent me an email that 222k was obsolete and that I dont need to return it.

I did online chat and got sent to a manager who confirmed it is obsolete and I was not to return it.

Now they confirm it is obsolete and I cannot activate it even though I have a $0.00 balance

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
I went through a big fiasco with dish and this 222k.

I kept my service for 2 years and then canceled when contract ended. They sent me an email that 222k was obsolete and that I dont need to return it.

I did online chat and got sent to a manager who confirmed it is obsolete and I was not to return it.

Now they confirm it is obsolete and I cannot activate it even though I have a $0.00 balance

Holysmoke, MattG asked for some info just a few posts up. PM him and he will get you down where you need to be.... That's all you need to do!

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
It continues to be on their website as a current receiver. (Though their website is not 100% correct)
However, since they told you it was obsolete and not to even to return it before, it should come as no surprise they do not want to activate it.

Holysmoke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 20, 2006
I did lease the 222k. I received an email that said 222k was obsolete and not to return it. I confirmed with several online chats and finally a manager that it was obsolete and not to return it.

this was many months ago. I even took down the LNB to return it with the 222k but they said don't return it.

But Matt is telling me it will cost me $149 to restart Welcome Pak because I need a tech visit.

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
It must be something to do with the leased receiver not being returned.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts