Dish is telling me they can't restart my service because vip 222k is obsolete

I am going to reinstall the LNB when I get home, see if I get a signal then PM you again.

If I put LNB up no fee right?

I remember at one point people were being confused with the email format making it look like it was saying that receivers were obsolete when they were not.

What's surprising is that when OP inquired they said it was indeed obsolete.

As for the fees, those must be the no-contract fees.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Matt told me he thinks I got the email with an error in it saying 222k is obsolete from a browser malfunction?

Yes, some browsers cause the columns to be offset. You will need to pay the first month of service upfront.

A manager at Dish had me forward her that email and she concluded that indeed the 222k was obsolete and that I did not need to return it. So the columns confused her too.

Looks like there is still a truck roll fee for installing a new leased receiver. My guess is this is a no-contract situation.

He still has the 222k and lnb so shouldn't need a truck if the op installs his own lnb.

A manager at Dish had me forward her that email and she concluded that indeed the 222k was obsolete and that I did not need to return it. So the columns confused even she.

I'm not disputing your specific situation. I just want to make sure everyone that sees this knows that a leased 222k does need to be returned, and what can cause the error. If equipment needs to be returned, boxes are automatically sent including a flyer that says what does and does not need to be returned.

It was obviously a mistake on the 222 being obsolete, how it happened is anybody's guess.

He still has the 222k and lnb so shouldn't need a truck if the op installs his own lnb.

It doesn't look like Dish will allow him to use the 222k he already has as for whatever reason Dish employees told him it was obsolete and to keep it even though it actually should have been returned. So now technically the receiver is considered as a leased receiver that was "stolen."

I have not received the 222k's receiver and smart card numbers so I am unable to tell if there will be any issues upon activation. There should not be any issues, but I will need more info from the OP.

It doesn't look like Dish will allow him to use the 222k he already has as for whatever reason Dish employees told him it was obsolete and to keep it even though it actually should have been returned. So now technically the receiver is considered as a leased receiver that was "stolen."

Crazy!

I suppose if Dish wants to be kind they could send rma him a 222k.I personally don't see why they couldn't just re-activate the one he has now though.It's still leased.

I agree. In this situation Dish shouldn't give any issues with reactivating the receiver, or at the very least, a free truck roll. I personally think that's just adding insult to injury to make OP pay for a truck roll.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)