Leased HR10 Hard drive dying. Will DTV give me HR20 or fix?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

herkulease

Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
My lease HR10 hard drive is dying. I don't want to spend 100 bucks on a new 400 gig hard drive. Yes I know inside its only 250 but even then a 250 gig is 70 to 80 bucks. I don't want to spend a penny at all.

Will DTV send me a hr20 or repair/replace the hr10 with another one.

I don't mind getting the hr20 just that they'll have to give me a new dish. I still have the triple LNB one.

My lease HR10 hard drive is dying. I don't want to spend 100 bucks on a new 400 gig hard drive. Yes I know inside its only 250 but even then a 250 gig is 70 to 80 bucks. I don't want to spend a penny at all.

I don't mind getting the hr20 just that they'll have to give me a new dish. I still have the triple LNB one.

Have you tried calling them and asking?

Any updates ? I have a HR10 and the protection plan. I want to "replace" my HR10 with a HR20.

John,
Give them a call and see what they will do for you.
Until then, no one knows, and usually each sub has different circumstances involved, so they may get different info.

I have a friend that is innthat same situation, he has an old Sony HD 100 paid $ 700 for and would like to not have to pay huge amounts of money either.
I keep telling him too, to call and see what they can do for him.
He's looking for the HR20-700 as well.

Jimbo

John,
Until then, no one knows, and usually each sub has different circumstances involved, so they may get different info.

I have a friend that is innthat same situation, he has an old Sony HD 100 paid $ 700 for and would like to not have to pay huge amounts of money either.

Jimbo

I had the 250 and protection plan, they replaced mine with the hr20. Then they replaced that hr20 with another hr20. Then they replaced that hr 20 with another hr20. The third one was the charm, at least for the last 10 days. I still have my 3LNB dish and all is well. I still have the old dish because the installers said they would not go on the roof. "12 pitch roof, man, not me...":tux:

Originally we had a HR10, started failing frequently, called in, while it was still warranted. Refurbished HR20-700 showed up as the replacement. Warranted for only 90 days, so spent the money on the service contract. So far no problems beyond having to reset every so often. Seems standard from what I read on the forums. ecnOylnOtixE

John,

Jimbo

I tried calling them. When I got the hr10 in july 2006 they gave it to me for free. I had major problems with the installations and had to have Directv resend the installers about five times to get it right. They (Directv) promised I would get a free upgrade when they became available in November 2006, So I waited until the bugs were worked out and called a few days ago. They have all my records of problems, But coincidentally the notes about me getting a free upgrade were gone ? I really want to keep the HR10 and move it to a bedroom, but I'm not gonna pay $300 for a HR20. I do have the protection plan and maybe something will happed to the HR10 ??? Any thoughts ? :confused:

I tried calling them. When I got the hr10 in july 2006 they gave it to me for free. I had major problems with the installations and had to have Directv resend the installers about five times to get it right. They (Directv) promised I would get a free upgrade when they became available in November 2006, So I waited until the bugs were worked out and called a few days ago. They have all my records of problems, But coincidentally the notes about me getting a free upgrade were gone ? I really want to keep the HR10 and move it to a bedroom, but I'm not gonna pay $300 for a HR20. I do have the protection plan and maybe something will happed to the HR10 ??? Any thoughts ? :confused:

You should be able to get it for $ 199 I would imagine.
I paid that for mine as I did not want to ask for it for free, mainly because I won't do that and I felt that 200 was a fair price for it.
It's been going pretty good and 98 % working correctly since I got it back in September

Jimbo

Last edited:
Under their current business practices, I'm going to ask for free equipment. A 2 year lease where I have to give it back....your DARNED RIGHT I'm going to ask for "free"!!!

Any updates ? I'm getting one for free, but I had to recommit for two years. Now I think my HR10 is having problems and I have the protection plan. Maybe I can have it replaced without having to recommit?

99 dollars :D but its on back order.

Whats on back order ?
The HR20-700's ?
I can get them at the local BB or CC , too bad D* can't go down and do that.

Will D* let me buy from BB or CC if D* is out of stock and re-imburse me what ever deal we may have worked out ?

I have a weird story. My HR10-250 drive died and I called D*Tv. They said they'd send a replacement, with no contract extension and no charge. They said the unit would be 'mine to own,' not leased.

I asked them to "try and get me an HR10-250." They said they could not promise that, so I fully expected to get an HR20-700. I was braced for it and everything. Even started researching it.

Guess what showed up at my door yesterday? AN HR10-250! Woo hoo!

So, ask and ye may receive. I did.

My hr10 is going bad. I have the protection plan, so when I called today, Directv told me they would send a new receiver and since my HR10 has a known color problem, I could just throw it away when i get the new one.... Seems I'd rather get a HR10 though........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)