Leasing Fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

egnlsn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Taylorsville, UT
I currently have an HR21 and an H21. After getting an HR22, can I exchange the HR21 for another H21 with no new leasing fee?

I had several days ago and received no response. I asked them again just before posting here, and their response was: Receivers can not be exchanged; in this case the fee would still apply. We recommend calling to see what offers you're eligible for.

Yea you can't exchange, You would still have to pay the upfront costs of the receiver you want, Then you send the one back that you currently have. But once you activate your new receiver you will be locked in for 24 months again.

Did I read it right, you want to return your HR21 and get an H21?

Why - to not have DVR?

I think you should stick with what you have.

Yea wow I didn't see that either
Are you sure you want to do that? D* doesn't charge anything extra to have that HR21 Vs H21.
Y'all didn't catch the first part -- I'm getting an HR22. I want to replace my HR21 with an H21. Don't need 2 DVRs. And with them both being in the same closet, I don't want to have to deal with both DVRs recording something when I hit the record button. I know I can have one of them RF and the other IR (remote), but that would create more of a headache. Utilizing a matrix switch, I can watch the HR22 at any TV set anyway, so that's not an issue, either.

Is there any way to disable the recording part of a DVR?

I would say simply delete everything in it's to do list and / or priory list it should not record.
For scheduled stuff, that would do fine. But, when I hit the record button, both would record, which means that I would have to go through the list every so often and delete everything. PITA! But, if that's what has to happen, I guess that's what will have to happen...

You can setup a single remote to work different receivers totally separate even, if they are in the same rack / closet side by side. so that remote functions to not activate both units simultaneously.

If they are going to be in a closet, you probably want them both to use RF anyway. In that case the remote is programmed with the receiver ID and only controls one of them (AV1 could be used for the other).

If they are going to be in a closet, you probably want them both to use RF anyway. In that case the remote is programmed with the receiver ID and only controls one of them (AV1 could be used for the other).
That would have me using 2 remotes -- one for the DVR and one for the TV. I was hoping to avoid that. I was also hoping to avoid making my wife learn a different remote than what she's used to -- we don't use the D* remotes, but I suspect we may have to. Does anybody know if the Big Button remote can be programmed to operate a D* receiver via the AV1/AV2 switch like the regular remote can.

If the regular remote was backlit, that would be great, but it isn't...

I purchased the Big Button remote for my dad & was disappointed with the remote. It lacked both a dash key as well as an enter key; the blue back lighting worked but there was no button to light the unit up. You could, however use the Aux1/2 buttons to program anything you would want.

I think the standard remote is available in the same layout with back lighting (similar to the NFL remotes they were selling).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)