Leave Voom because of no Sports channel?

F

FrankJo

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 6, 2004
197
0
DC Metro Area
Vomm still doesn't have Comcast Sportsnet. (I love my Wizards and hate to miss a game.) I really like Voom and can't afford 2 providers. Give me some good reasons not to go to Dish Network.

Why hasn't Voom added the regional sports networks? It's a little infuriating.
 
G

GEBrown

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 21, 2004
44
0
FrankJo said:
Vomm still doesn't have Comcast Sportsnet. (I love my Wizards and hate to miss a game.) I really like Voom and can't afford 2 providers. Give me some good reasons not to go to Dish Network.

Why hasn't Voom added the regional sports networks? It's a little infuriating.

Umm . . does DISH have Comcast Sportsnet? I didn't think Comcast resold any of their programming to competitors - but I was wrong once before.
 
Bruce

Bruce

That is my dog Bender, the real Member of the Year
Supporting Founder
Nov 29, 2003
7,341
7,604
FrankJo said:
Vomm still doesn't have Comcast Sportsnet. (I love my Wizards and hate to miss a game.) I really like Voom and can't afford 2 providers. Give me some good reasons not to go to Dish Network.

Why hasn't Voom added the regional sports networks? It's a little infuriating.


No room on the Satellite,if Voom stays alive it would be about 2 years before adding RSN's(when new birds go up)
Did you not know this when you signed up with Voom about the RSN not being on Voom?
 
M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
306
54
Mankato, MN
GEBrown said:
Umm . . does DISH have Comcast Sportsnet? I didn't think Comcast resold any of their programming to competitors - but I was wrong once before.

Comcast Mid Atlantic (The old HTS) is on Dish. Channel 424. Wizards games are on there
 
F

FrankJo

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 6, 2004
197
0
DC Metro Area
bruce said:
No room on the Satellite,if Voom stays alive it would be about 2 years before adding RSN's(when new birds go up)
Did you not know this when you signed up with Voom about the RSN not being on Voom?

Uh, yes I knew this. I can read.

I thought that any decent satellite provider would be in a hurry to get RSN's. You know, for like, REGIONAL SPORTS.
 
N

negreenfield

SatelliteGuys Guru
May 24, 2004
136
0
FrankJo said:
Uh, yes I knew this. I can read.

I thought that any decent satellite provider would be in a hurry to get RSN's. You know, for like, REGIONAL SPORTS.
I guess it doesn't matter to me since our Comcast sports channel shows absolutely nothing worth watching.
 
1080iBeVuMin

1080iBeVuMin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 29, 2004
915
0
Santa Rosa, CA
No sports channel?

What do you call all the channels in the 300 series? Chopped liver?
 
FunkyBoss

FunkyBoss

Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
753
1
Chicagoland, IL
FrankJo said:
Uh, yes I knew this. I can read.

I thought that any decent satellite provider would be in a hurry to get RSN's. You know, for like, REGIONAL SPORTS.

Voom has been around for about a year now and has 1 RSN: FSFL. If you got Voom for the RSNs, you're going to be disappointed. The best thing you can do is keep requesting the channel from Voom customer service. I have requested Comcast Sportsnet Chicago a few times from them and I get a canned response that they will add new channels when the request is high enough for it.
 
DarrellP

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
4,298
0
Salem, OR
Not everyone is a sports freak. Personally, for me, there is plenty available via OTA, ESPN and TNT. It may not be the exact team I want, but WTF, you can't have your cake and eat it too.
 
R

ram1220

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 14, 2004
269
0
Allen, Texas
Darrell,

I had to comment on your picture. I love it and it really does sum up their billing department.

Bob
 
riffjim4069

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
35,216
289
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Yes, I will leave if they don't offer NHL Center Ice and ESPN Gameplan next season. Of course, I will be long gone if they don't offer an affordable DVR w/thin clients in January.
 
Madtown HD Junkie

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
9,031
91
Madison, WI
DarrellP said:
Not everyone is a sports freak. Personally, for me, there is plenty available via OTA, ESPN and TNT. It may not be the exact team I want, but WTF, you can't have your cake and eat it too.


FINALLY SOMEONE HAS GOT VOOM'S BILLING ACCURATELY PICTURED>>>>FREE BEER FOR DARRELL> of course you must come to WI to collect :p
 
DarrellP

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
4,298
0
Salem, OR
Madtown HD Junkie said:
FINALLY SOMEONE HAS GOT VOOM'S BILLING ACCURATELY PICTURED>>>>FREE BEER FOR DARRELL> of course you must come to WI to collect :p
My Dad's side of the family is from Sheboygan/Green Bay, is that close to you? :D
 
shifteev6

shifteev6

New Member
Nov 10, 2004
4
0
Sports Channel

You would think they would have Fox Sports for each specific region that customers are in like DirectTV did. Whoever did the initial program requirements/requests must have been clueless. I'm in Duluth, GA (HotLanta) but I'm getting FSN Florida instead of FoxSports South. I called this morning and they had the nerve to tell me that FSN Florida wouldn't be showing any programs til next spring during baseball season. Ridiculous :mad:
 

Similar threads

Madtown HD Junkie
Replies
22
Views
3K
wasch_24
wasch_24
vurbano
Replies
4
Views
1K
Carter
C
J
Replies
14
Views
5K
truggy0
T
K
Replies
44
Views
4K
1080iBeVuMin
1080iBeVuMin
V
Replies
6
Views
1K
jose44
J
Top