Leave Voom because of no Sports channel?

FrankJo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
DC Metro Area
Vomm still doesn't have Comcast Sportsnet. (I love my Wizards and hate to miss a game.) I really like Voom and can't afford 2 providers. Give me some good reasons not to go to Dish Network.

Why hasn't Voom added the regional sports networks? It's a little infuriating.

FrankJo said:
Vomm still doesn't have Comcast Sportsnet. (I love my Wizards and hate to miss a game.) I really like Voom and can't afford 2 providers. Give me some good reasons not to go to Dish Network.

Umm . . does DISH have Comcast Sportsnet? I didn't think Comcast resold any of their programming to competitors - but I was wrong once before.

FrankJo said:

No room on the Satellite,if Voom stays alive it would be about 2 years before adding RSN's(when new birds go up)
Did you not know this when you signed up with Voom about the RSN not being on Voom?

GEBrown said:
Umm . . does DISH have Comcast Sportsnet? I didn't think Comcast resold any of their programming to competitors - but I was wrong once before.

Comcast Mid Atlantic (The old HTS) is on Dish. Channel 424. Wizards games are on there

bruce said:
No room on the Satellite,if Voom stays alive it would be about 2 years before adding RSN's(when new birds go up)
Did you not know this when you signed up with Voom about the RSN not being on Voom?

Uh, yes I knew this. I can read.

I thought that any decent satellite provider would be in a hurry to get RSN's. You know, for like, REGIONAL SPORTS.

FrankJo said:

I thought that any decent satellite provider would be in a hurry to get RSN's. You know, for like, REGIONAL SPORTS.
I guess it doesn't matter to me since our Comcast sports channel shows absolutely nothing worth watching.

FrankJo said:

Voom has been around for about a year now and has 1 RSN: FSFL. If you got Voom for the RSNs, you're going to be disappointed. The best thing you can do is keep requesting the channel from Voom customer service. I have requested Comcast Sportsnet Chicago a few times from them and I get a canned response that they will add new channels when the request is high enough for it.

Not everyone is a sports freak. Personally, for me, there is plenty available via OTA, ESPN and TNT. It may not be the exact team I want, but WTF, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

DarrellP said:
Not everyone is a sports freak. Personally, for me, there is plenty available via OTA, ESPN and TNT. It may not be the exact team I want, but WTF, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

FINALLY SOMEONE HAS GOT VOOM'S BILLING ACCURATELY PICTURED>>>>FREE BEER FOR DARRELL> of course you must come to WI to collect :p

Madtown HD Junkie said:
FINALLY SOMEONE HAS GOT VOOM'S BILLING ACCURATELY PICTURED>>>>FREE BEER FOR DARRELL> of course you must come to WI to collect :p
My Dad's side of the family is from Sheboygan/Green Bay, is that close to you? :D

Sports Channel

You would think they would have Fox Sports for each specific region that customers are in like DirectTV did. Whoever did the initial program requirements/requests must have been clueless. I'm in Duluth, GA (HotLanta) but I'm getting FSN Florida instead of FoxSports South. I called this morning and they had the nerve to tell me that FSN Florida wouldn't be showing any programs til next spring during baseball season. Ridiculous :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts