Leaving Directv for Directv stream

jamieh1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Greenville Washington New Bern, NC
I’ve been with Directv since 1996, I have now switched to Directv stream.
I like that there is no fee for additional TVs. No HD fee, no rsn fees,
Picture quality is great and allows me more freedom when traveling with my RV. Don’t have to carry a satellite dish and set it up.
Ordered the DTV stream box. And also can use my Roku devices when traveling and on my additional TVs. So far had no issues running smooth. Streams boxes arrive tomorrow. Been using Roku last two days.
Another thing I’ve noticed I have MASN 2 and I’m getting 2 Bally Sports south full time.
Didn’t get that on sat. Also Hereos and icons channel is on stream. Not on sat.

I’ve been with Directv since 1996, I have now switched to Directv stream.
I like that there is no fee for additional TVs. No HD fee, no rsn fees,
Picture quality is great and allows me more freedom when traveling with my RV. Don’t have to carry a satellite dish and set it up.
Ordered the DTV stream box. And also can use my Roku devices when traveling and on my additional TVs. So far had no issues running smooth. Streams boxes arrive tomorrow. Been using Roku last two days.
Another thing I’ve noticed I have MASN 2 and I’m getting 2 Bally Sports south full time.
Didn’t get that on sat. Also Hereos and icons channel is on stream. Not on sat.
Welcome. The grass is greener

I would give it a try, most evenings everything just buffers out here..

Questions (anyone who can answer):

• With Internet providers imposing data caps, has there been a problem with reaching or surpassing the limit?

• Which programmers’s HD are being carried on DirecTV Stream (while not so on the satellite DirecTV)?

Thank you!

• With Internet providers imposing data caps, has there been a problem with reaching or surpassing the limit?

• Which programmers’s HD are being carried on DirecTV Stream (while not so on the satellite DirecTV)?

Thank you!
That would obviously depend upon your cable company and what their data limits are. Mine has a 2 tb cap. I think I would stay under that based on my usual viewing habits. I guess I'll find out if/when I switch to streaming.

Thank you!
some will charge you xxx amount for so many gigs you go over your limit
some will charge you an extra amount for unlimited
then some will charge you the extra amount for unlimited then still throttle you down.
i remember having comcrap many years ago and going over my limit at that time. i got a call from an idiot from a 3rd world country telling me that i was abusing the network and that if it happened again they would disconnect me. i told him to suck it and disconnect me and that i paid for high speed internets and not data caps

some will charge you xxx amount for so many gigs you go over your limit
some will charge you an extra amount for unlimited
then some will charge you the extra amount for unlimited then still throttle you down.
i remember having comcrap many years ago and going over my limit at that time. i got a call from an idiot from a 3rd world country telling me that i was abusing the network and that if it happened again they would disconnect me. i told him to suck it and disconnect me and that i paid for high speed internets and not data caps
Was those on a home internet or a cell service internet plan ?

Probably not any more - not sure if it ever was.

Is DirecTV Stream sponsored data if you access it through AT&T - specifically AT&T Wireless, or even more specific AT&T Fixed Wireless.

I was thinking at one time - one of the many iterations that "streaming DirecTV" had when AT&T owned it all - using that iteration of streaming DirecTV on AT&T didn't count against your monthly data allowance. That was more than likely some form of AT&T's wired Internet service and not anything on the wireless side.

Love stream- love how most channels are are HD. Channels that are in SD on satellite.
Cspan channels, all the Encores, BET her, qvc 2, CNN international, even the Jewelry tv channel is HD. Picture quality is great.

Love stream- love how most channels are are HD. Channels that are in SD on satellite.
Cspan channels, all the Encores, BET her, qvc 2, CNN international, even the Jewelry tv channel is HD. Picture quality is great.
Personally, I rarely watch a SD channel on D*.

That said, some of the OLD shows I watch are in SD, but a good TV Processor will take care of a lot of that look.

For example, the X-Files, use to look pretty bad in SD ... its still SD I believe (OTA ) but at least its watchable, it use to look like every section of the show was in the dark, not so now.

Reactions: John2021
Personally, I rarely watch a SD channel on D*.

That said, some of the OLD shows I watch are in SD, but a good TV Processor will take care of a lot of that look.

For example, the X-Files, use to look pretty bad in SD ... its still SD I believe (OTA ) but at least its watchable, it use to look like every section of the show was in the dark, not so now.
X-Files is in HD via streaming, on Hulu for example.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts