Left Dish After 5 Years

Status
Please reply by conversation.
By the way we had some bad weather today (strong wind and rain) in Connecticut, but there was no disruption or distortion in service ... great relief :)

If you have any question about your bill or anything just reach out to me and I can help you out. as sometimes it just hard to switch to a new company lots of questions usually pop up with the first months bill.

stonecold said:
If you have any question about your bill or anything just reach out to me and I can help you out. as sometimes it just hard to switch to a new company lots of questions usually pop up with the first months bill.

Thanks so much. I did work with Claude at Dishstore who laid out the bill for the next 24 months, but its nice to know I can reach out to you as well :)

Thanks so much. I did work with Claude at Dishstore who laid out the bill for the next 24 months, but its nice to know I can reach out to you as well :)

Yes if you dealt with Claude then your all set. Most dealers do not take as good of care of there customers as he does.

Iceberg said:
but if you have any issues or questions we're here to help :)

All of you have been so helpful already. Thank you!!!

And yes, dealing with Claude was both professional and stressfree :)

I played with VOD; found it odd that it has to "record" as opposed to just streaming; no biggie but just found it odd ... that is if I did it correctly.

Remember that it doesn't need to finish "recording" before you can watch it. I find if I wait about 5 seconds after selecting the program I can start watching it and never bump up against the download. I don't have a wicked fast internet connection, but, of course, YMMV depending on your speed.

I think in the little video they show if the bar is yellow (when you press list and it shows the list of programs) you should be fine
green you're ok to start watching

I have the receiver connected to router, so download speed is good. I just found it odd that its done that way :)

Any suggestions about the audio question I posed earlier?

The DVR needs to store the on demand stuff. You can't download on demand programming to a stand alone HD unit ;)

I wish D* would make it so you can do the On Demand from the local channels so you could On Demand Network current shows if you miss one. Flashpoint, CSI ect. type of thing.

Jimbo said:
I wish D* would make it so you can do the On Demand from the local channels so you could On Demand Network current shows if you miss one. Flashpoint, CSI ect. type of thing.

Speaking of which, I just received their first offer to come back:

We’re willing to do ALMOST ANYTHING to get you back.

We'll welcome you back with savings of over $370 while you still have your DISH Network equipment:
$120 off your programming
HD programming FREE for life
Cinemax at no cost to you for 1 month
Everyday Price Guarantee until 2013

Speaking of which, I just received their first offer to come back:

We’re willing to do ALMOST ANYTHING to get you back.

We'll welcome you back with savings of over $370 while you still have your DISH Network equipment:
$120 off your programming
HD programming FREE for life
Cinemax at no cost to you for 1 month
Everyday Price Guarantee until 2013

So they are offering you $ 120.... the rest is nothing off thier back.

Yup ... I suppose I will get these for a while, but now that I have SNY and have seen the promise land I am not returning. In fact, didn't good ol' Charlie call Direct the "gold standard" the other day; why would I settle for silver or bronze?

Just to add my 2 cents, I left Dish after 7 (?) years. My install was on Friday and it went very well. I am amazed at the picture quality, the increased search functionality, the sports! I ordered Choice Xtra with the Sports Pack and I'm grinning from ear to ear. I have nothing against Dish...by and large they treated me well, but honestly, I should have made this switch a long time ago. As far as I'm concerned, this product is vastly superior. Thanks also for the thread pinned on the top of the forum for former Dish customers making the switch. That was really helpful.

Got this too. I canceled yesterday when they refused to come fix my satellite service with out a 95 dollar fee. Gee offer me 120 dollars instead of comping the 95 dollar repair fee. Funny CSR said when do you want to cancel? I said " How about now since it doesn't work anyway". I was not even off my phone when I got an email saying I canceled.

Is there a sleep timer feature on these receivers?

Sleep timer, NO, they never go off anyways.
The front panel goes off, but if you have a DVR you have a hard drive that is always running so it can have a 45 minute buffer waiting for you to come home and want to catch up on what you may have just missed. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)