Left DISH and LOVE IT!!!!!

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
I switched from Dish to Comcast to FiOS. I love my FiOS.

With my permanent $60/mo discount due to missed installs, and my 'all movie package' discount from $30/mo to $10/mo FOREVER, FiOS is a perfect service for me and my 2 TivoHD units. I did spring for a FiOS stb so I can do VOD, since they just added, in the last 5 days or so, a TON of Free VOD and a bunch of HD VOD.

I will be taking down my dishes this spring. I never could get 110 well in my area anyway, due to trees.

I am keeping my BellTV dish and stuff, since it is cool to get their TV in my house.

(ScreamTV and Drivein-TV my favorites).

Oh, and BTW, FiOS TV, ExtrememHD and all movie channels, Internet 20/5, and Freedom phone service (include free LD), bundled, with my discounts mentioned above and not including the 12-month promo stuff is running me $104/mo

For 12 months, I am paying $67.66

Oh, and they are discounting me 2 cablecards/mo until M-cards are available.

I could NEVER beat this price

I doubt your getting $60/month off forever. That's more than I pay for Dish, period.

Glad your happy, but a ringing endorsement for Fios does nothing for 97% of us who can't get it.

Now go make friends with Riffjim, go to the Fios forum and leave us alone.

Glad you're happy. Any chance you could put in a good word for me with Verizon? :) We were supposed to have fios in 2009, but no word since 2006 on that.

Ted

Yeah most folks will be back and prices most likely will go up like most everyone else. Also folks might save some money for the 1st 12 months but after that things usually go back to their regular price.. I think after this year CES Show Dish hands down has the best product out there just my 2 cents..

Can't wait til Fios comes here too, its miles away, and everyone I know at work that has dropped Dish or Direct or commycast has absolutely loved it better than any of the others

We don't care.......echo.......echo.........do you hear that?

Seriously, good luck on saving money in the long run. I know I have the best deal in my area, so DISH is the best in NE WI.

pfan

Glad FIOS works for you. I wish I had the option, but no go for FIOS in this area yet.

BUT ... a "permanent $60/mo. discount" sounds extremely unlikely. Will you post on here next month at how angry you are at Verizon because it was a one-time $60 credit and you bill is now higher that it would be for cable or Dish?

I love competition. Competition will "focus the minds" of complacent status quo companies!

This FIOS fiber optic service sounds better than anything you can get from the cable OR satellite companies. It sounds like a true "no compromise" very reliable service. Isn't that what EVERYONE wants?

I love competition. Competition will "focus the minds" of complacent status quo companies!

This FIOS fiber optic service sounds better than anything you can get from the cable OR satellite companies. It sounds like a true "no compromise" very reliable service. Isn't that what EVERYONE wants?

I agree. But Fios will not be completion until they can serve more than 3% of the population. Then they will get the attention of Charlie and Malone. I'm pretty sure Dish, DirecTV, Comcast, and Time Warner Cable each have more subscribers than Fios even has the capability of serving within their narrow territory.

Heck, even if Fios becomes available to everyone with local telephone service available through Verizon, they still won't be completion for me, because I'm in an AT&T area. And U-verse doesn't compare well to Fios.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts