Legacy wiring options

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

crivera66

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
I have 3 antennas with 3 receivers connected through a sw-64. This switch keeps failing on me. My question is, is there another way of wiring this configuration? Like with 3x4 and other switches? Remember this is a legacy installation with 3 legacy dual lnbs from three satellites.

Are you outside the continental U.S.? The smart answer for U.S. consumers is an upgrade to Dish Pro equipment including receivers for future compatibility.

I have 3 antennas with 3 receivers connected through a sw-64. This switch keeps failing on me. My question is, is there another way of wiring this configuration? Like with 3x4 and other switches? Remember this is a legacy installation with 3 legacy dual lnbs from three satellites.

using Legacy equipment....nope. You would need a SW64. That would be the easiest with what you currently have.
If you really want to throw away money on switches you **technically** could do it with 3x4 multiswitches, SW21 and SW21X switches but those have just as much of a failure rate as a SW64

They could swap him out to the new Puerto Rico Dish 500 (the larger) dish right?
I know the LNB's are spaced out farther but how are those set up? Are they 2 DP duals and you use a DPP44+ or DP34

How does those enrolling work, I really have no money to spend, unemployed like a lot others in PR. I have 2 3x4 and three sw-21 lying around that's why I am asking. I have one DVR 622 and a VIP211K. I can go with 110 and 119 but I have a 5.5ft pointing to 61.5 to catch some channels also. I really don't care that much for those new antennas, how is the rain fade, last year in PR was raining almost every day. Any suggestions or wiring diagrams?

You will need to wire 110/119 to the sw 34, then the output of the 34 to a SW21 on one side and the 61.5 on the other side. The 622 will need 2 cable runs (i.e. the output of 2 of your SW21s) and the 211k will need one. Then you should be able to get all three satellites on both receivers.

that wont work mike
The switch he is talking about is a 3x4 multiswicth that the old Directv systems used
2 inputs from the LNB (3rd is a antenna port) and 4 lines out

If he does that then he can only have 2 sats (110, 119 or 119, 61.5 etc) as the SW21 can only get 2 sats. Now if he had a SW21x (fleabay has them) then you could do it properly

119 dish....both lines from LNB to a 3x4 multisiwtch
110 dish....both lines from LNB to a 3x4 multisiwtch
61.5 dish....both lines from LNB to a 3x4 multisiwtch

take the output from the 119 switch and put a SW21x on it.
take the output from the 110 switch and put it on the other port on the SW21x
take the output from the 61.5 switch into one side of a SW21
take the output from that SW21x above and put it in the other port on the SW21
SW21 to receiver

issue is you have to do this 3 times

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
checking fleabay there are **claims** of a SW31x switch that supposedly would take the place of the SW21x & SW21 switches
here is one example

you still would need the multiswitches as noted above in the pic...but instead of 6 switches you only need 3 of these (supposedly)....I do not know if they work or not. I'm just giving you options

probably not. Remember Puerto Rico until recently had to use large dishes for each satellite so they had D* legacy LNB's on them. The 3x4 multisiwtch he speaks about I can see folks having

Hopefully the OP can let us know what type of switch he has (pics work too) ;)

probably not. Remember Puerto Rico until recently had to use large dishes for each satellite so they had D* legacy LNB's on them. The 3x4 multisiwtch he speaks about I can see folks having

Hopefully the OP can let us know what type of switch he has (pics work too) ;)

eagle_1.jpg

This is the 3x4 I have. So I would need 1 more of those and three more sw-21.

Yes I have 3 legacy LNBs with 2 leads out on each one.

Thank you for the diagram.

yep thats the multiswitch like I posted above in the pic

you need 3 total (one from each LNB) and 3 SW21X (note the X....this is critical). You cannot link 2 SW21's in order. The fist one (closest to the LNB's) has to be a SW21X or that SW31 I linked above in post 13 which would replace the 6 switxches

I guess I will go with buying the 3 sw-21x and 1 3x4 if is tested to work. I will not test to see if the sw-31 works.

Thanks for all the help.

Hey Iceburg,

Today I installed everything and its working perfectly, thank you for your help. If I would have know this a year ago I would not have bought the 2 sw-64 that failed on me. Thank you again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts