Legal way to get Canadian locals in US?

Smart choice getting the 75cm, the extra signal strength is worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Am still in awe someone actually wants Shaw, or Canadian programming for that matter, to begin with. Its sucks more than a 2$ h***** on 2 for 1 night.

Yep. Preaching to the choir here. I love Canadian TV. I've enjoyed it for a long time on c-band, but most of that stuff is gone with the exception of CTV, which is mostly American programming anyway. I hope to get my Shaw system in a few weeks. I'm so far north that I'm well within the footprint of the Anik satellites, even G1.

I did read the aforementioned thread, though. I like the Canadian programming for a number of reasons, not the least of which is a plan that I have to expat to the north. As such is the case, it's in my best interest to immerse myself as best as I can while I'm still here. This is all a part of the master plan.

2 weeks to get a shaw system? ouch.

Besides CBC (FTA) and Canadian news.. everything else is almost a carbon copy of US channels.

Cheers, K

I'm not going to order it for a few weeks. Go grind your axe somewhere else.

Oh... and CBC is not FTA. Thanks anyway. :whip:

1- That was rude
2- Shows how often I watch CBC

Cheers, K

Actually am quite surprised CBC isnt FTA considering its a crown corp. and not everyone has access to its OTA signals.

Its listed as encrypted on Lyngsat. Gonna shoot an email to the local MP. Instead of ranting about credit card fees, he should do something useful for a change.

Cheers, K

CBC was FTA a while back. I've checked a lot lately and found it encrypted every time. I'll look again. That's the one I really want.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

CBC was FTA a while back. I've checked a lot lately and found it encrypted every time. I'll look again. That's the one I really want.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Maybe it was CTV I remember seeing, Lyngsat does show CBC as encrypted. I'll try to remember and check tomorrow, my daughter's watching something on the C band dish right now. I know Disney Junior and other stuff is there ITC if you understand French, quite a bit of English stuff too.

Out of all the Canadian programming, CBC is probably the only 'true Canadian' station. Documentaries, hockey, original programming etc...unlike the other "Networks" which air US shows 80% of the time.

Its canceled now, but I encourage anyone to watch Intelligence (Netflix)..a show about the Canadian spy agency and an agent's deal with a mobster. Show was canned after 2 seasons because the CBC had to reduce costs. Inronically, one of the major revenue losses came from the Toronto Maple Leafs failling to make the playoffs for the 5 straight year (Leafs playoff is a ratings cash cow for the CBC since half its market is in the GTA).

Cheers, K

I agree, Kraven. CBC seems more in line with the Canadian culture than most of the other channels I've seen on the big dish.

I think I've heard of the show you mentioned. I also enjoy 'Arctic Air' but I don't know if you can get that on Netflix from the U.S.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts