Legendary owner of the Raiders, Al Davis has passed away..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
meStevo said:
'the raiders will never be the same'

'both good and bad'

If you are disputing that then there's no point discussing it further. I was hoping he lived to 120.

I never called his death good, but in ways it will be good (and bad) for the Raiders. Down boy.

Perhaps the organization can move in a direction with more integrity and restore the relevance that the team has lacked for nearly a decade.

There is no point in discussing further...your right.

The team has looked "relevant" this year. The first few games have been very entertaining. It's good that Al was able to have some enjoyable games in, what turned out to be, his final weeks. His DNA will live on in football for a very long time. While it may be popular to dislike him, this article tells a good (and true) story of the man.

RIP...

Commentary: Davis was all about 'Just win, baby' - NFL- NBC Sports

Todays Denver Post Sports Poll (all valid points. I voted A.)

Raiders owner Al Davis has died at age 82 What should be his lasting legacy?
Total Votes = 489

A)NFL visionary. Love him or hate him, Davis helped make the NFL what it is.
237 Votes, or 48.46 %
B)A has been. A stubborn Davis held on to power too long as game passed him by.
98 Votes, or 20.04 %
C)Football rebel. Davis was instrumental in merging the AFL and NFL.
63 Votes, or 12.88 %
D)Darth Raider. Despite his accomplishments, he was one of football's most disliked characters.
91 Votes, or 18.60 %

Read more: Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow News, Scores, Roster, Stats - The Denver Post Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow News, Scores, Roster, Stats - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post

yaz96 said:
Todays Denver Post Sports Poll (all valid points. I voted A.)

Raiders owner Al Davis has died at age 82 What should be his lasting legacy?
Total Votes = 489

A)NFL visionary. Love him or hate him, Davis helped make the NFL what it is.
237 Votes, or 48.46 %
B)A has been. A stubborn Davis held on to power too long as game passed him by.
98 Votes, or 20.04 %
C)Football rebel. Davis was instrumental in merging the AFL and NFL.
63 Votes, or 12.88 %
D)Darth Raider. Despite his accomplishments, he was one of football's most disliked characters.
91 Votes, or 18.60 %

Read more: Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow News, Scores, Roster, Stats - The Denver Post Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow News, Scores, Roster, Stats - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post

Funny thing is...he was ALL of the above.

Heh, how many times on this forum do you think you've said that you wish Davis was dead? You've even called him the Fidel Castro of the NFL, a title you give to your favorite person working in NY now.

I didn't say much more in my post than you did when he fired Kiffin.

...."I wished he was dead"? I have never WISHED Al Davis was dead. Have I said things may change if he is no longer pulling the Raiders reins....yes. But that is WAY off from wishing someone dead.

Dude....stop while your ahead and have a little respect. You wanna discuss this in private, I have no issues with that...but you're coming off as an insensitive jerk.

...."I wished he was dead"? I have never WISHED Al Davis was dead. Have I said things may change if he is no longer pulling the Raiders reins....yes. But that is WAY off from wishing someone dead.

Dude....stop while your ahead and have a little respect. You wanna discuss this in private, I have no issues with that...but you're coming off as an insensitive jerk.

"Die Davis Die" - salsadancer7

Where did I post that?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Site:satelliteguys.us+"die+Davis+die"&l=1

Of course you'd thank dfergie for ending the argument you started.

Doesn't take much effort to find a few other instances of you saying you wish he was dead and/or the raiders won't go anywhere until he is dead. Google is not hard. Since we both agree I don't see why you are trying to argue.

Excluding the last decade or so the man was a visionary and was instrumental with making the NFL what it is today. RIP the "Fidel Castro" of the NFL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)