Length of cable between EA dish and hd receivers

ecarl4100

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Tennessee
The best place I have to mount my eastern arc dish is about 200 to 225 feet from the receivers in the home. I don't really have any other realistic options for mounting the antenna. Is this length going to be a problem? Is there a line amplifier of some sort that can be used if it is an issue? I really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

The best place I have to mount my eastern arc dish is about 200 to 225 feet from the receivers in the home. I don't really have any other realistic options for mounting the antenna. Is this length going to be a problem? Is there a line amplifier of some sort that can be used if it is an issue? I really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

It will probably work at that distance. There are in line amps available, but I doubt that you will need it.

I just did a buddys install of an EA dish it was about 235 feet and it works fine. He has the same signal strenght as mine, and I only have about 75 feet of cable between the dish and receiver. I bought good quality rg6 cable from sadoun sat sales (link above) that was the key. Plus they sell by the foot. Use a good quality cable and you should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)