Length of Pole Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diansul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Texas
How long is a standard DirecTV pole for a Slimline dish? What are the guidelines for how deeply it should be set?

Last edited:
The poles are 6 feet. They are supposed to be buried 3 feet, but that rarely happens. 2 feet in the ground, with concrete, should be sufficient.

The poles are 6 feet. They are supposed to be buried 3 feet, but that rarely happens. 2 feet in the ground, with concrete, should be sufficient.

In Texas where the OP is two feet is probably fine, but here in CT, 42" is a minimum.

Thanks, folks. Yes, I'm in East Texas. The pole seems steady, and is in the ground with a bit of concrete, a bit over 2 feet deep.

Here's a grounding question. There are four cables coming from my dish. A twin cable goes to a HD/DVR unit, and one cable goes to a bedroom HD unit. The fourth cable is for possible future use, and terminates at the ground block. The twin lead has a solid copper conductor along its length. That single copper conductor is grounded at the grounding block. At the dish, however, it is just blowing in the breeze - it is not attached to anything. Should it be attached to the dish mount somewhere for grounding? If so, would attaching it to one of the three bolts that fastens the the dish mount to the pole be a good attachment point?

Thanks, folks. Yes, I'm in East Texas. The pole seems steady, and is in the ground with a bit of concrete, a bit over 2 feet deep.

Here's a grounding question. There are four cables coming from my dish. A twin cable goes to a HD/DVR unit, and one cable goes to a bedroom HD unit. The fourth cable is for possible future use, and terminates at the ground block. The twin lead has a solid copper conductor along its length. That single copper conductor is grounded at the grounding block. At the dish, however, it is just blowing in the breeze - it is not attached to anything. Should it be attached to the dish mount somewhere for grounding? If so, would attaching it to one of the three bolts that fastens the the dish mount to the pole be a good attachment point?

Yes and Yes ....
I think there is a spot for a ground bolt on the dish, otherwise tuck it under an existing bolt, be sure not to loose a bolt that holds the dish in place though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.