Les Moonves Calls Dish-Disney Deal “A Great Start” But “Not Enough For Us”

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
"Everybody’s talking about over the top,” he says. “We’re talking about it with many of the [pay TV distributors] we’re in business with….The current ecosystem works very well, but a new way to get paid for your linear content is a good thing if it’s done appropriately.” He adds that consumers will probably see a online pay TV service “in concert with our partners.” That could include Dish: Moonves says that “our deal with Charlie is up at the end of this year. It’ll be an interesting conversation, as they always are with Charlie.”

deadline.com

Les Moonves Predicts Comcast-Time Warner Cable Merger Will Be Approved, Talks Disney-Dish Deal

Speaking at a Morgan Stanley conference in San Francisco, the CBS CEO said that the terms the Mouse House agreed to with the satellite provider were "not quite enough for us" and shared his thoughts about Netflix and Amazon.

hollywoodreporter.com

Wow so if they drop cbs, I see the tvguide channel will go away....oh no what to do lol

Don't forget they now have 8 Thursday night football games,better make that an $11 increase.:rolleyes:

Not CBS!!!! That's WBZ in Boston, the station with the strongest OTA signal!!! What will I do? THE HUMANITY!!! PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME HAVE TO PRESS 004-01 ON MY REMOTE, INSTEAD OF 004-00!!!

Same here, would be OTA for me :)

What is a full list of what sat channels CBS owns. Don't sound threatening to me. By the end of the year, NFL Thursday night football will be over until the next September.

Last edited:
I believe they are the movie channel,showtime channels and the cbs sports network . In my case they can shove it, I already use OTA for my local CBS channel.

If we could only convince Dish to provide us with the OTA guide for CBS, we would never care if they came back.

I presume Viacom is separate?

If Showtime, TMC, Flix, CBS Sports, and TV Guide (seriously, how is that still a channel since the invention of the EPG) are the best they've got, I've got just one thing to say:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)