Les Moonves Calls Dish-Disney Deal “A Great Start” But “Not Enough For Us”

The key provisions of the Disney deal is not the Autohop, but the ability of Dish to offer an internet TV service and stream all the Disney owned channels... This is what CBS wants big bucks for.

The key provisions of the Disney deal is not the Autohop, but the ability of Dish to offer an internet TV service and stream all the Disney owned channels... This is what CBS wants big bucks for.

Except that I doubt Disney gave CBS the $$$ numbers. So how can it not being a good enough deal refer to the money amount he doesn't know?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Except that I doubt Disney gave CBS the $$$ numbers. So how can it not being a good enough deal refer to the money amount he doesn't know?

Because he is setting the table for negotiations. He does not want it to look like a cake walk or that CBS left money on the table. He does not know what ABC got, but he wants to be sure he gets as least as good.

... you Les. He's in the same vain as Howard Stern. As an avid Opie & Anthony supporter, you all know where I stand.

I think you have it wrong. Howard told oh Les to stick it when he left for Sirius. Les tried to sue him. Howard is nothing like Les. Yea he's a rich old hypocrite and s o will Opie and Anthony when they get to be his age. The problem with those two is they have no options. No one on regular radio wants them back. So they have to take what Sirius gives them. I don't think its right but that's the way it is.

Les can take his CBS channels and stick it. I can go OTA with the Hopper for CBS channels and I can get some Showtimes shows other ways if I have to.

Out of the 4 major networks CBS has always been my least favorite. I'm not talking recently either, I mean my entire life. I've never cared much for the majority of their prime time programming and I even hate our local news that's on it. It just always seems to be the least amount of quality. The only thing I ever really watch on it are sports and I even dislike their coverage and analysts. I can handle their college basketball coverage but I really don't like the people they have covering the NFL on Sundays.

CBS says they are going to change the ads after 3 days and sell it again. So, the 3 day autohop deal would not fit the CBS model.

Sent using SatelliteGuys Android App

I actually watch quite a bit of CBS, maybe more than any other network. Here is a list of their series programming. I have bolded those shows that I watch.

2 Broke Girls
48 Hours
60 Minutes
The Amazing Race
Bad Teacher
The Big Bang Theory
Big Brother
Blue Bloods
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
The Crazy Ones
Criminal Minds
Elementary
Extant
Friends with Better Lives
The Good Wife
Hawaii Five-0
How I Met Your Mother
Intelligence
The Mentalist
Mike & Molly
The Millers
Mom
NCIS
NCIS: Los Angeles
Person of Interest
SURVIVOR™
Two and a Half Men
Undercover Boss
Under The Dome
Unforgettable

And then there is College Football on Saturday Afternoons, not to mention that the Super Bowl was on CBS this year.

60 Minutes: "If you don't have a problem, we'll make one!" All for ratings, and damn the innocent!

Something about a hot water heater......

I actually watch quite a bit of CBS, maybe more than any other network. Here is a list of their series programming. I have bolded those shows that I watch.

2 Broke Girls
48 Hours
60 Minutes
The Amazing Race
Bad Teacher
The Big Bang Theory
Big Brother
Blue Bloods
The Crazy Ones
Criminal Minds
Elementary
Extant
The Good Wife
Hawaii Five-0
How I Met Your Mother
Intelligence
The Mentalist
Mike & Molly
The Millers
Mom
NCIS
Person of Interest
SURVIVOR™
Two and a Half Men
Undercover Boss
Under The Dome
Unforgettable

And then there is College Football on Saturday Afternoons, not to mention that the Super Bowl was on CBS this year.

I only see 3 shows on the list I enjoy: Big Bang Theory, Criminal Minds and Under the Dome. All three shows I watch in different ways. I watch Big Bang Theory on TBS (Reruns), Criminal Minds on ION I believe it is and Under the Dome on Amazon Prime. I suppose I do have Under the Dome recorded on the DVR also but don't watch it much that way.

I watch quite a bit also...

2 Broke Girls

48 Hours
60 Minutes
The Amazing Race
Bad Teacher
The Big Bang Theory
Big Brother
Blue Bloods
The Crazy Ones
Criminal Minds
Elementary

Extant
The Good Wife
Hawaii Five-0
How I Met Your Mother
Intelligence
The Mentalist
Mike & Molly
The Millers
Mom
NCIS
Person of Interest
SURVIVOR
Two and a Half Men
Undercover Boss
Under The Dome
Unforgettable

Plus on Showtime, Boxing, Shameless, Inside the NFL, 60 Minutes Sports & more...

In Showtime's case, outside its series, it's the useless of the movie suites. That includes EPIX. In popularity for actual movies, I unofficially say the list is:
1.) HBO/Cinemax
2.) Starz/Encore/Movieplex
3.) EPIX
4.) Showtime/The Movie Channel/Flix

...not to mention that the Super Bowl was on CBS this year.

No it wasn't. Fox had it this season.

As to what CBS shows I watch: NFL, NCAA, award shows, The Price is Right, Let's Make A Deal, Letterman, Amazing Race and Survivor. That's it.

Last edited:
Can't you guys just use your DVR with OTA? That is what I did when one of our locals was in dispute. Yea it sucked with no guide data but it was easy to do.

I only watch NCIS and The Big Bang Theory on CBS and I do not use any sat channels to watch any Network television programs... OTA antennas are your friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)