Super Joey and 2 Hopper With Sling Question

Spike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Suburbs of Milwaukee
Is it possible to keep both of my Hoppers with Sling and add Super Joey. I do realize that if this is possible my second Hopper probably wouldn't be able to share content with the main Hopper and the Super Joey attached to it. Am I correct? And can this be done? If so, what must I do to make this happen? I await help from you more knowledgeable than me forum members.

There can be no bandwidth limitation for disconnected MoCA segments.
Agree, no reason it shouldn't work from a moca view if the Hoppers are separated with isolators(or separate nodes). Biggest question I have is if there is any reason an SJ/integrator/moca won't play well with a power inserter for the DPP44. All the published docs all show using the inserter with off an unused or 211 port.

Last edited:
I tried to get that set up but was told it would exceed the 6 tuner limit.......not including OTA. So maybe it could be possible but against the limit rule.

What about having one hopper and 1 super joey on one Dish and the same setup on a second Dish? I know dish wont allow the equipment to be on the same account but if somehow they did it could be possible. Only down side is not all of the equipment would see each other.

Agree, no reason it shouldn't work from a moca view if the Hoppers are separated with isolators(or separate nodes). Biggest question I have is if there is any reason an SJ/integrator/moca won't play well with a power inserter for the DPP44. All the published docs all show using the inserter with off an unused or 211 port.

Time for me to get a little bit of an education. Would one of you in the simplest way possible please tell me exactly what "isolators" and "nodes" are and what they do hardware wise for a Dish Network setup? I'm definitely not as gifted as most of you, but I might as well start learning, because I like to get my hands dirty (sometimes).

I tried to get that set up but was told it would exceed the 6 tuner limit.......not including OTA. So maybe it could be possible but against the limit rule.
The 6 tuner limit has always been for leased receivers. Several folks here are well over the limit with 3 or 4 hopper setups, but have had to purchase the extra receivers. Did you ask about that option?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)