Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I got my DirecTV setup today. Let the fun times begin between getting use to the new system and learning new channel numbers. I thought I read somewhere on here that you can change the brightness of the display on the front panel on the hr24.If that's true how do you do it? I've looked everywhere and can't find it in the book. Any help would be great. Thanks!

To change the brightness I **think**

on the unit itself press the left arrow button and hold it down. Press the right arrow button to change

most apps/VOD stuff takes 24 hours.....the 14 day guide also takes overnight to update completelly

Iceberg said:
To change the brightness I **think**

on the unit itself press the left arrow button and hold it down. Press the right arrow button to change

most apps/VOD stuff takes 24 hours.....the 14 day guide also takes overnight to update completelly

You're the man that did it. Thanks for
the info with the apps.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Iceberg said:
also did they set up the DVR to 30 second "skip" (instant) and not "slip" which is like pressing FF for 30 seconds?

If slip is set up, here is how to change it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/235339-today-directv-install-day.html#post2393384

Oh wow. I had no idea this was even an option. One of my favorite features of my old R10. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Speaking of the R10, it had an option for the 'skip' to be any increment you wanted. I had it set to 27 seconds so I could watch recorded football games much faster (hit skip right when the play is over and got right to the next snap. And you don't have to hear Joe Buck blathering). Is that an option on the HR24 as well?

Oh wow. I had no idea this was even an option. One of my favorite features of my old R10. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Speaking of the R10, it had an option for the 'skip' to be any increment you wanted. I had it set to 27 seconds so I could watch recorded football games much faster (hit skip right when the play is over and got right to the next snap. And you don't have to hear Joe Buck blathering). Is that an option on the HR24 as well?

30 sec forward, 8 sec back.

On my HR24, the first hit on the back button often, not always, is about a 30 second back, then it's the normal 6-8 second back.

raoul5788 said:
On my HR24, the first hit on the back button often, not always, is about a 30 second back, then it's the normal 6-8 second back.

Wow, that should never go back :30 sec.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts