Let's see your dish setups...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Optical Serenity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2006
Marietta,GA
I'm interested in seeing what some dish configurations look like. I will post a pic of my setup in the morning.

My neighbors are starting to think I'm crazy because I have a round DirecTV dish, a phase-III 3LNB directv dish, and an AT-9 5LNB dish...now I have the Winegard 76cm dish as well. Good times...

here's what I have so far...2 in the yard, one on the front of the porch, plus if you look close you can see the *C & D* dishes on the porch roof. I had to go with this configuration because of trees. I have 2 more 36" dishes in the garage to put up and if I can find someone to install it I am going to get a 8' c-band dish this year.

Attachments

• dishes.JPG
    dishes.JPG
    489.4 KB · Views: 355
  • dishes 2.JPG
    dishes 2.JPG
    487.9 KB · Views: 305
  • dishes 3.JPG
    dishes 3.JPG
    435.5 KB · Views: 240
Optical Serenity said:
I'm interested in seeing what some dish configurations look like. I will post a pic of my setup in the morning.

My neighbors are starting to think I'm crazy because I have a round DirecTV dish, a phase-III 3LNB directv dish, and an AT-9 5LNB dish...now I have the Winegard 76cm dish as well. Good times...

You can't start a "show me yours" thread if you don't show us yours first ;)

current setup (as of right now...will change with the long holiday weekend)

1st picture is 6 foot C-band
2nd is fixed dishes at G10 & SBS6
3rd is motorized (main unit)
4th is my StarChoice dish and the Phase II
5th is a closeup of the Starchoice dish with a DBS LNB for 119
6th is Phase II with 110/KU at 101/91. KU LNB in middle is for AMC4 and can get KUIL with 80% and 3ABN at 70%. Some of the other church channels are 40 and RTPI zippo :(

Attachments

• IM000827.JPG
    IM000827.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 264
  • IM000825.JPG
    IM000825.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 288
  • IM000824.JPG
    IM000824.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 302
  • IM000823.JPG
    IM000823.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 323
  • IM000822.JPG
    IM000822.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 340
  • IM000821.JPG
    IM000821.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 408
Ice
Your c-band setup looks inconspicuous hiding next to the house on your deck, is it sitting on a giant spool.

What are you aimed at, and if you rotated it east away from the wall what kind of LOS do you have, just curious about your range of movement.

For those people that hate or love big words.
inconspicuous. • adjective not clearly visible or attracting attention.

jayelem said:
Ice
Your c-band setup looks inconspicuous hiding next to the house on your deck, is it sitting on a giant spool.
that wall is what separates the townhouses.
Its sitting on a round table that is 30" high. Needed that to shoot over the roof

What are you aimed at, and if you rotated it east away from the wall what kind of LOS do you have, just curious about your range of movement.
G4 (99W)...I can get over west to AnikF1 before the roofline nuked signal
East I can go to AMC3 until the roofline nukes it again

Hey Ice on that c band dish, do you have any trouble with it tipping over (is it top heavy)? I like the way it is set up and wondered how stable it would be? is that mount standard? also is it heavy? May neighbors would really think I flipped if I start dragging that around the yard.

Hey Ice on that c band dish, do you have any trouble with it tipping over (is it top heavy)?
There’s a reason I have the 70 pound sandbag on the back. You have to remember, in MN our true South is only 38 degrees. Most of what I can see (AMC3 to ANikF1) is at 38 degrees so it is a little top heavy (it won’t tip normally. But the back end does come up. Since you are farther south than me, your elevations will be better and the weight of the dish will help

I like the way it is set up and wondered how stable it would be?
Havent had any issues since I got it set up and we have had some major winds recently. The unit comes with 3 “clips” to put on the base to mount it to a fixed object. I have one in front and loosen the one bolt if I move the dish to another satellite

is that mount standard?
yes

also is it heavy?
heavy? Not really. I can pick it up pretty easy. Bulky? Yes. But what I do is loosen the elevation knob in the back and tip the dish up (like at a 70 degree angle), then I can use the 2 “O” rings to pick it up like a barrel :D

Hello

You can see many of the dishes I have on my avatar.

Other pictures are on my web site at hxxp://www.labgate.info

My neighbors don't think I'm crazy, they know I am...

Best regards

Labgate

Iceberg said:
current setup (as of right now...will change with the long holiday weekend)

1st picture is 6 foot C-band
2nd is fixed dishes at G10 & SBS6
3rd is motorized (main unit)
4th is my StarChoice dish and the Phase II
5th is a closeup of the Starchoice dish with a DBS LNB for 119
6th is Phase II with 110/KU at 101/91. KU LNB in middle is for AMC4 and can get KUIL with 80% and 3ABN at 70%. Some of the other church channels are 40 and RTPI zippo :(

Jeez man, your property must look like it's owned by SETI. ;)

New pics coming soon.....

1 - Dish 500 (left from my previous HD only sub, used for occasional 119 use)
1 - 18" at 91W for audio
1 - motorized 90cm with an Invacom QPH-031 (linear and circular...awesome LNB!)
1 - 18" for 61.5 (8PSK use) (mounted on same pole as the 90cm)
1 - professionially installed 10 footer pointed at G4R (propped up with a wagon)
1 - GenPix 8PSK-USB module
1 - Twinhan PCI card
1 - Fortec Lifetime Ultra

Combine all those dishes in your mind, then smack dab in the middle put a mast with a CM4228 on it and w/ a 12 inch flat panel antenna for cell phone repeater. Oh and you can't forget the spare 10.5 footer behind the shed. When I talk to the neighbors I know they want to ask but I guess they are afraid. ;)

Hey Ice one more question what lnb are you using? it looks like it might be the micro pak? I am assuming that the fta boxes wont work a standard feed with a servo (has to be a lnbf)...I think that may be a good solution for me, I am dying to get c - band. I am assuming that you got that from Sadoun, if so what model is it and do I have to specify the base?

Thanks

RVD420 said:
Nice job of shoe horning the 6ft on the balcony
Getting it on there was easy :)

I just hope that you don't get a HOA head that is a dick.
I did.....but not anymore. The new Head doesn't care. He says it looks professional (the dish farm...not the C-band)

Last edited:
Plain an simple - WineGard 76 cm + SG2100... I have a couple of ol 18"ers too and a primestar but none of those are in use at the moment. I think at least one of the 18"ers is going to be mounted downstairs in the art studio and made in to little shelves to hold paint brushes and pallettes as I work on paintings. The concave shape of the dish is nice because it'll force stuff towards the middle instead of letting it all run over the sides. The mounting on the other 18" will probably go on the back of the primestar someday when I get a chance to fiddle with it and a lot of time on my hands some weekend.

Attachments

• P1010110.JPG
    P1010110.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 224
  • P1010119.JPG
    P1010119.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 200
  • P1010120.JPG
    P1010120.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 191
  • P1010112.JPG
    P1010112.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 206
  • P1010114.JPG
    P1010114.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 211
Dish Tree

I call this my dish tree for an obvious reason :eureka

Attachments

• DSCF0525.JPG
    DSCF0525.JPG
    593.7 KB · Views: 279
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts