Lets Take Time To Thank Sean Mota

I really appreciate Sean, Scott, Ilya and all the other mods that have helped to keep this forum a good place to hang out and keep it a civilized environment. Thanks everyone for the great job you do!!

vinnyv07 said:
Let me start by saying I consider this site to be my internet home and I just wanted to thank Sean for keeping us informed about all the VOOM news. Its been a great trip but now its going to end. Thanks to all the other mods that helped out with the VOOM forum. But it was Sean who made it a special place to be....and the best VOOM forum by far. Thank You, Sean.

I dont post much but always read, and I do appreciate the time and effort you've put into these forums Sean..

Cheer up though.. at least the Lakers are pure garbage right now. None of my friends out here in LA even wants to talk to me about them anymore..

No matter what playoff game you want on whatever system, you wont have to see Kobe's mug :D :p

Thank you Sean for running a great (the best by far) Voom Internet forum. Assuming a miracle doesn't happen, and the shutdown happens, I'll sure miss not only Voom, but participating in the Voom forum and all of you guys I have grown to think of as friends.

Good luck in your future HDTV viewing, whatever road you choose to take.

Ilya said:
I think we'll keep it alive as long as you guys are willing to post here!

It sure would be interesting to come back from time to time and see where everyone has migrated to. With everyone researching different options the wealth of info to share certainly would help many.

Along with the others posters I too congratulate every involved with SatGuys for a great job. :)

Sean,
Thank you so much for doing a fantastic job as a moderator of this great site. I also appreciated your numerous informative posts and insight. Thank you for taking the time to notify everyone about the upcoming "new" movies/specials on the Voom exclusive channels.

Joe

Why do you think I gave Sean this award?

1.jpg

Sean Mota - 2004 SatelliteGuy of the Year!
He deserved it, Ilya deserved one too but the budget only allowed for one, but there is always next year? :)

I don't think Sean and Ilya will be going anywhere, in fact I believe their roles here at SatelliteGuys will probably expand as we continue to grow for you. :)

The VOOM forums will be here in one for or another and so will SatelliteGuys. :D

Thanks go not only to Sean but also Ilya, RudolphT, rang1995 & wasch_24 as well, they all worked together to build you the Internets best VOOM forums!

Thank you to all who have donated to SatelliteGuys to make this all possible, without you there would not have been a VOOM forum. :)

Sean,

Thanks, no doubt that you have been a major force here. I would also like to thank Ilya as his contributions have been very informative as well.

Good luck to you you Sean and you Ilya.

For me? I must be the luckiest person in the world. My cable provider (Charter Cable) just launched HD this week in my area; South Louisiana, (and I'm on a fiber trunk), but I know it may be far from Voom quality! Voom? It was great (some may say "oh, really:, but for me it was pretty damn good). Thanks for the try. You were ahead of your time which contributed to the demise. But good none the less.

I've been a subscriber since August 2004. Thankfully, I rented the equipment. I really feel sorry for those that had the the gumption to purchase it but I have to be honest, (please forgive me for this), your optimism deserves "better".

Mr. Dolan, THANKS. At 78 years old (I think?), you are beyond a visionary! But business is business, and you did it right! The next time you are looking for investors please count me in (i.e. HBO, etc.).

I have been a participant (mostly reading) in the forum since August 2004. Thanks to all that participated as it was very informative to me.

Good luck to all.

Pat

Thanks Sean, you have done a great job here on SatelliteGuys. Your hard work has really helped many of us vomers and we are forever grateful for that. :cool:

On the upside, you will have some extra time to devote to other fun stuff ;)

Can't add much to all the positive posts about you, Sean. You have done a wondeful job moderating this forum (along with Ilya's timely posts). Just keeping the programming thread up to date must take a great deal of your time. And you've quickly answered some of my private emails not all of which I should have sent in retrospect.

And to think you were ready to give up on VOOM a year ago. However, when you became convinced of need for VOOM you have gone out of your way to post the latest, helped answer questions, merge threads, moderate the flame posts...! So, I assume you are retired, have nothing else to do in your life and "live" here on the VOOM forum.

Once again, Thanks!

Still enjoying HDTV (with Sean) under mostly clear Seattle skies, Gill

Thank you Sean, Scott, Illya, wasch_24, rang1995, rudolpht and the rest of the moderators here for putting up with me. ;)
Hey- you guys aren't gonna kick me off the forum when I switch back to cable, are ya? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts