Leverage

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I just caught the pilot of Leverage, the new show that started this week on TNT starring Timothy Hutton. At first I thought it was a cheap rip-off of Ocean's 11, but the story drew me in, and the plot-line is pretty good. The cast seems pretty good.

I can't say the HD quality was great; thought the picture was a bit soft, but its not horrible.

Thoughts on the show?

Ok, just watched the second episode. I am now officially hooked. Its a good show. All the techno-wizardry of Ocean's with a great cast - Gina Bellman makes the whole thing worthwhile. And even better, good stories.

Rocky I would agree. I think the show should do well. I don't know the supporting cast or what else they have done but think they are doing well on this show.

Christian Kane was one of the evil lawyers on Angel. Believe it or not, if there is a weak character, I think it's Hutton's.

Christian Kane was one of the evil lawyers on Angel. Believe it or not, if there is a weak character, I think it's Hutton's.

Oh, it's LINDSAY ! :cool:

And Gina Bellman from Coupling ! :hungry:

Episode One repeats Saturday December 13 at Noon ET, followed immediately by Episode Two (and that is the only re-airing of Episode Two). Another Episode One repeat on Monday at 11pm ET and then a third Episode debuts in its slot on Tuesday Evenings (which Tribune lists as "Episode 6" - a typo, or is this "Firefly-ism" ?)

For those who are not familiar with Gina Bellman:

55294218carolynleber713200883147pm.jpg

I though last night's episode the best, by far, so far.

That's good, because we watched the first three, and the cast is good, but the scripts are just so so. I would classify it as "enjoyable fluff that is last on my priority list when other shows return".

A level down from True Blood and Sons of Anarchy (I think the latter was from your recommendation IIRC) - the former being more entertaining due to being more wild and outlandish, and the latter being more compelling due to it being more realistic.

However, some of the best TV shows improved significantly from their first few episodes (eg Babylon 5 and Buffy and even Star Trek ), so your report is encouraging.

I have a backlog of this to watch on the DVR. Going to have to check it out but the promos for it did look interesting enough for me to set up the DVR timer :)

Most of them have been OK. One (The Bank Job) was great. Last week's was the worst so far.

I quit about 10 minutes into the last episode. Getting more juvenile as it goes along. Timer Deleted!

Gina Bellman makes the whole thing worthwhile.
Rocky, if you haven't done so already, set yourself up an Event Timer for "Coupling" on BBC America. (Another member of the "Coupling" cast, Sarah Alexander, crossed the pond to star in "Teachers", a short-lived show on NBC back in 2006.) "Coupling" was one of those multi-level comedies that made you pay attention or it would be over your head. I picked up the first three seasons on DVD.

Rocky, if you haven't done so already, set yourself up an Event Timer for "Coupling" on BBC America. (Another member of the "Coupling" cast, Sarah Alexander, crossed the pond to star in "Teachers", a short-lived show on NBC back in 2006.) "Coupling" was one of those multi-level comedies that made you pay attention or it would be over your head. I picked up the first three seasons on DVD.

- One of the best series of the past 10 years.

- Best to watch from episode one to the conclusion.

- Be sure to get the UK series (it was remade as a US series which is not as good, I am told).

- Written by the same guy who is the new Doctor Who showrunner.

I was watching the episode "Juror No. 6," and noticed that Jonathan Frakes from Star Trek was the Director, and Brent Spiner (Mr. Data) was the guest-star.

Fun episode... alas, anytime Spiner acts with "emotion" he reminds me of Lor, which is quite annoying. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)