LG 55" OLED TVs

RGA isn't a thing (unless you're talking about documentation for returning something to a vendor in which case it stands for "Returned Goods Authorization"; also known as RMA).

You want to convert to or from RCA plugs (named after the defunct US electronics manufacturer).
What?

I use an AVR that up-converts composite and component video sources to 1080i HDMI. The TV manufacturers are eliminating analog inputs and throw us a bone with a single composite video input.

Charlesrshell, does your DVD/VHS combo have component outputs (Red-Green-Blue, or Y-Pb-Pr)? If you don't have an AVR that does the conversion, you could find a black box YPbPr-HDMI convertor that would give you a better image than a composite image where the chroma information has to be mixed with the intensity. Nothing can be done about the VHS side, though.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I use an AVR that up-converts composite and component video sources to 1080i HDMI. The TV manufacturers are eliminating analog inputs and throw us a bone with a single composite video input.

Charlesrshell, does your DVD/VHS combo have component outputs (Red-Green-Blue, or Y-Pb-Pr)? If you don't have an AVR that does the conversion, you could find a black box YPbPr-HDMI convertor that would give you a better image than a composite image where the chroma information has to be mixed with the intensity. Nothing can be done about the VHS side, though.
Thanks for the help. I basically only use this DVD/VCR recorder to record DVDs from VHS tapes so it is no big deal to me on TV pic quality. So composite hookup is good enough for us. Sometimes I will record a DVD from the Hopper too, but hardly ever do that. Mostly for friends that missed something on TV.

This was sure out of left field in a TV thread. Didn't we dance this headphone dance before?

The linked unit is functionally the same as all the rest and depends entirely on getting a two channel PCM signal (relatively rare among HD channels). To wit:
Amazon bullet point 2 said:
Supports Uncompressed 2-channel LPCM or PCM Digital Audio Signal Output; Provides Electromagnetic-noise-free Transmission (5.1 channel is incompatible, please set the audio output to PCM or LPCM?Not Support Dolby Digital
If you're not concerned with using a sound bar or an AVR, you could probably set the audio to PCM and it might work but switching modes is usually a PITA.

As I suggested the last time someone wanted to get an analog stereo output, an AVR is probably going to be your best friend using either a tape output or an adapter on a headphone jack. Maybe you could find a super-cheap sound bar that has a headphone out and go from there.

You'll want to read the TV's manual (or wander through the menus) to see if it supports PCM at all.

This was sure out of left field in a TV thread. Didn't we dance this headphone dance before?

The linked unit is functionally the same as all the rest and depends entirely on getting a two channel PCM signal (relatively rare among HD channels). To wit:If you're not concerned with using a sound bar or an AVR, you could probably set the audio to PCM and it might work but switching modes is usually a PITA.

As I suggested the last time someone wanted to get an analog stereo output, an AVR is probably going to be your best friend using either a tape output or an adapter on a headphone jack. Maybe you could find a super-cheap sound bar that has a headphone out and go from there.

You'll want to read the TV's manual (or wander through the menus) to see if it supports PCM at all.
OK, thanks.

001.JPG

Well my OLED and media cabinet are on there way to me. Feel like a kid at Christmas even though I ordered it on Black Friday. I ordered from Value Electronics. Included the 200 hr break-in and full calibration service. A new BDI media cabinet completes my purchase. Can't wait!

Does the LG OLED Magic Remote have an Info button? I loaded the LG TV Plus app in my cell phone and I can't find the Info button in it too. Does anyone know where the Info button is?

You have to get the little pointer on the screen and move it up to corner or so of the screen, they removed the info button in 2016 (genius!). Or if you get the service remote like I had, it is a proper remote.

You have to get the little pointer on the screen and move it up to corner or so of the screen, they removed the info button in 2016 (genius!). Or if you get the service remote like I had, it is a proper remote.
Thanks gadgtfreek. I got the answers in the AVS forum for the remote and cell phone app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)