Liberty Media Rethinks Spinoff Plans

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I posted a thread earlier on the effect of the economy on new HD-rollout. Too bad--thus all the PPV (income-producing) instead of tbe many National HD channels that we could be enjoying--like Voom, HBO, Lifetime, Comedy, Chiller, RFD, Travel, Hallmark Movie, WGN, etc, etc

I'm glad we at least got FOX NEWS HD, CID, and a few locals, but I think Liberty has a different philosophy of use of capital--I just wish I knew what it was???????????

:eek:I will go one step further to predict definitely no big HD rollout (like there was last year) until AFTER tne election on Tuesday. Depending on who wins, many major financial deals that were a "given" may be indefinitely postponed or even cancelled. Whether this affects negotiations with HD programmers or just internal D* decisions on allocating resources--or both-- remains to be seen.

For those of you following the stock market and election polls, there is an obvious correlation between markets rise and fall and poll results. Notice that as certain candidate's polling rises in popularity, the market rises.

So basically then, how does the market's rise/fall affect D* 's and Liberty's business decisions? HD NEGOTIATIONs? How entangled are they in the web of some of the major Wall Street players that lost billions?

Is Liberty's financial philosophy the same as previous Owner Rupert Murdoch?) ?

Man, what a topic full of crappy excuses...

First, a spinoff is a SPIN OFF of the main thing. It has nothing to do with the main thing, it would be a subset.

This news should tell you they will focus more on the main product.

Secondly, recession means less spending, not NONE. Any of you excuse mongers wanna show me how FIOS, Dish, and Uverse have all stopped rolling out new HD?

These excuses get really old.

BTW, just so you know, negociations with channel providers wouldn't be affected too much by a recession. The only thing that would be affected is more bandwidth, which in this case would be more satelittes. Try and get your facts straight before you make excuses.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)