Lifetime Real Women and LPB on AMC 21 @125.0°W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
In the past month or so, I have not been able to pickup Lifetime Real Women (11979 V, 3000 SR) and LPB (12072 H, 16666 SR, FEC 3/5, 8PSK) on AMC 21 @ 125.0°W. Are those channels still there, or did their transponder information change?

LPBS (12072 H 16666) is still there, Lifetime Real Women (11980 V 30000) left that transponder and all the channels on that transponder are encrypted.

LPBS (12072 H 16666) is still there, Lifetime Real Women (11980 V 30000) left that transponder and all the channels on that transponder are encrypted.

What are the paramters your using to get LPBS? I'm using these, 12072 H, 16666 SR, FEC 3/5, 8PSK, Pilot =0, yet no luck on the AZBox.:(

Those parameters look correct. (I used an estimation method (My SR is off by a little bit) and came up with very similar results: 8PSK 3/5 OFF 16677 29.64 Mbps)

Those parameters look correct. (I used an estimation method (My SR is off by a little bit) and came up with very similar results: 8PSK 3/5 OFF 16677 29.64 Mbps)

Thanks. I will try using the 16677 numbers andsee if it works.

I found that the dish has to be 'dead on' and even then it takes a few seconds for the Azbox to lock.

Putney, you maybe unto something here. When I was receiving that transponder, there was a delay before it locked. If my memory serves me right, I lost that signal after i adjusted my dish about 2 months ago, but I didn't worry about it then, because the signal would always drop during certain times of the day. :eek:

Last edited:
LPBS was in real good for me all weekend 24 hours a day. Wednesday-yesterday it was real weak in the afternoon and gone by sundown. I read similar info in an old post somewhere....Seems to me its the only channel that I have issues with like that...Blind

LPBS was in real good for me all weekend 24 hours a day. Wednesday-yesterday it was real weak in the afternoon and gone by sundown. I read similar info in an old post somewhere....Seems to me its the only channel that I have issues with like that...Blind

@ the red highlighted:

That was why I wasn't worried initially after my dish adjustment a month or so back, as the signal would always behave in the way you described above. I do have re-aim that dish as soon as I can. I know Iceberg, mentioned peaking signal from frequency 12104 V or is it 12140V to pull in all other signals from AMC 21. :confused: Any one remember which transponder to peak to pull in this elusive LPBS?

Last edited:
I always try to peak on 12140 if working with a HD receiver. If its SD only then 12104 works fine. Montana PBS use to be way off when Equity was still around. At 123W remember KTWO ABC? They were at 12104 V 2222 and Montana PBS was next door at 12104. SO you had to move the dish farther west to get a good signal on Montana PBS. With KTWO gone its not that bad anymore but I have seen a little difference in signal on 12140 (the HD transponder) if you peak on that versus the Montana PBS one.

That usually brings in LPBS

Thanks. I will try using the 16677 numbers andsee if it works.

I wouldn't do that. The 16666 is correct (+/- ~ 1 ). I just re-checked it via SW method, and it was right on 16666. I think QWERT said that he was a little off, apparently because he obtained it by calculating or estimating. TSREADER gave me a similar bitrate to what he got, but this transponder doesn't seem to use the same calculation technique that most do, apparently because it's in ATSC 8VSB mode. I'd normally expect a lower bitrate for 3/5 FEC. Perhaps that mode doesn't use the normal 188/204 factor???

But anyway, 16666 seems to be the correct SR, and should work best unless the receiver is off.

I always try to peak on 12140 if working with a HD receiver. If its SD only then 12104 works fine. Montana PBS use to be way off when Equity was still around. At 123W remember KTWO ABC? They were at 12104 V 2222 and Montana PBS was next door at 12104. SO you had to move the dish farther west to get a good signal on Montana PBS. With KTWO gone its not that bad anymore but I have seen a little difference in signal on 12140 (the HD transponder) if you peak on that versus the Montana PBS one.

That usually brings in LPBS

Thanks, ICE!!! :up:D

KTWO was owned by Equity a while back then sold long before they had money issues. Equity had KTWO on satellite since they (KTWO) fed a lot of programming to Equity's KKTU in Cheyenne (which was a satellite station).

When Equity went belly up, KTWO on satellite was no longer needed...per wiki article
They lost their FTA (Free to Air) Satellite Uplink in September 2009 when former owner Equity Broadcasting went into Bankruptcy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)