Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well it looks like the "last" of the "HD locals launched in 2012" is finally uplinked

Lima, OH (the D* site now says 2013)

Now Lima is a weird market as one company owns or runs all Big 4 nets. Throw in the fact there are some analog versions of those channels around (they are low powered) and subchannels and well ya get kinda a cluster

stations uplinked (and notes)
WOHL 35 ABC
CBS 36 (this is WOHL-DT2 subchannel on ABC)
FOX 9 (this is WLIO-DT2 subchannel of NBC)
WLIO 8 NBC
WBGU 27 PBS
WTLW 44 Religious

All stations but WTLW will be in HD

Classic stuff!I had completely forgotten that unabomb was Kane.Wasn't he also Issac Yankem DDS,and the fake Diesel?

until WHIZ cuts a deal with Directv they wont be. Once the only station in that market becomes HD then you'll get the Columbus "fill in" stations in HD too

Easier to "move" to Columbus ;)

The only county in the Zanesville DMA is the county that Zanesville is in ;)
All the other stations are piped in from Columbus

The problem is in a short market you need at least 1 of the locals (the actual locals) in HD to get any imported station also in HD. Since Zanesville is a one station market its all or none sadly

yup. Its one of those weird things. One station in the market (WHIZ TV)....no subchannels and the owner has only 3 assets
WHIZ TV
WHIZ AM
WHIZ FM

Honestly they should just merge that market (county) with Columbus and give them all the Columbus locals + Zanesville. Just black out the duplicate NBC programming depending on location

Where I used to live in Ohio, my parents received both Huntington/Charleston WV stations and a NBC (WTAP) affiliate from Parkersburg WV. Some Parkersburg programming was blacked out. That was on the local cable system. They also carried a Columbus station (WBNS) CBS affiliate. Nothing was blacked out on that channel, thoe. Weird

still one of the best promos ever. Al Snow and Unabom (aka Kane) in Smokey Mountain Wrestling being interviewed by Jim Ross

Dude holy s--t! Thanks for the vid. I had no idea what Kane did before the Kane gimmick.

Last edited by a moderator:
He also was Dr Isaac Yankem DDS (Jerry Lawler's "personal" dentist)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)